Status
Please reply by conversation.

lorilynn

Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
hey just dropping in to say hello and trying to get some info on my fta having problems, so I thought I would look here

bought viewstat extreme 2000 package with the motorized dish back in Oct., I'm lost when it comes to programming other sats, I'm tuned into one but when I try to program another I loose what I had orginally, I'm in Ontario and when I bought this unit and told me I would be able to pick up fta local stations, I don't get any as I guess I'm not tuned to the right bird
not sure what I'm doing wrong, but this female is completely frustrated

What are you getting now? Do you have the motor setup in your current install? It is well known that the Viewsats can't reliably control motors.

:welcome to the group

First i don't have a viewsat but from what i've read here if you can return it and exchange if for another receiver like a coolsat or merc those might be better motor controllers. now with that said and if you can't return it then lets try to work through the problem.

This information takes it everything is setup correctly ( i know for you its cold outside). Level & plumb mount. Already zeroed @ TS (true south) :up

I do not have a Viewsat so i'm reading the manual and making this up off the top of my head & from what i gathered by talking with other viewsat people.

In the ViewSat Antenna Settings (setup menu) (under Automatic channel search)

Satellite: IntelSat 5 97.0 W ( or selected satellite)
LNB Power: On
LNB Type: Standard
LNB Freq: 10,750
22kHz: Off
Search Option: All
Motor: OFF, USALS,INSTALLER or USER
Legacy Sw: None

To set for USALS goto antenna setup >> motor scroll to USALS push enter
and use arrow keys to set Latitude and Longitude. It will drive the motor. then select save. this must be done for each satellite.

USALS = Latitude and Longitude cordinates
INSTALLER = 1.2 Diesqc motor commands. With this selection it should enable another command button which allows you to move the motor slightly east or west ( haven't verified if the VS can even adjust east & west with this method yet)

post back and let us know how its going

Last edited:
hi thanks for answering me back, I have tried this a few times entering lat. & long and when I do I end up losing my one and only sat. I contacted stab(rotor sat) and they sent me my lat & lon for true south, I guess this is why I get one sat, I had this unit since Oct. and find it difficult to operate (what can I say I'm female lol)

Well they should be more user friendly and i think somne of the newer STB are . I personally like the coolsat 5000 , for me its easy to use.

you should be able to save each satellite after you set it up.
so it would look like the screen above and enter long & lat cord then save then goto next satellite same thing the unit if working correctly should save the information. From this information i find the coolsat easier to use.

i don't think the problem is being female , the viewsat (from what i hear) is a great one satellite receiver but really lacks in the area of motor control. so we all would have pulled our hair out working with this receiver.

I quess I'm the next best thing to stupid, lol, are you telling me that for every sat I have to enter lat & long for that sat? Another question is when I hooked this thing up I have a circular lnb into port 2, (I get a few stations here) and another circular lnb to port 3 (this has nothing coming in for channels),on port 2 if I flip threw sats in the setup, I have orange bars in quite a few sats like korea ,Intel, not that I want to watch korea, not sure where to go from here.
Thanks

lorilynn i didn't mean to imply that you are stupid
my coolsat you have to activate every satellite that you want the motor to goto
so on your viewsat you must tell each satellite to use USALS ( you should only have to set the long & lat once). The default is set to OFF. So to activate the motor for each satellite you want to watch (and hopefully save after setting each up.)

don't know about the circular lnb on port 2 and port 3

hey buddies I'm new on this sg-2100 motor with 33'' dish and need a lot of help please somebody give me a detail explanation on how to set up my pansat 3500sd to start getting all thiese birds , do I have to do anything on the reciver ? men I'm totally lost, I live in west palm beach florida and I don't even know my latitud so any help will be really apreciated

In West Palm Beach your latitude is 26 deg.43' north, Longitude is
80deg.03'13" west. Your true south satellite for initial aiming purposes is AMC5 at 79 deg. W longitude. In your receiver menu you can use transponder 12182 H 23000 or 11742 V 11110 for aiming purposes. You can use your USALS system but you may need to fine tune by manually positioning your dish ( loosen bolts and rotate by hand ) to the true south sat. AMC5. You may need to adjust your elevation slightly also. Do this on your dish bracket not the motor bracket. Watch your signal strength using one of the above transponders. After you get AMC 5 coming in good memorize the motor position and then you should be able to use USALS to locate the other satellites. Consulting the Lyngsat charts on the internet is also a good idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)