Newbies Gone Wild

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Believe me, I won't rush any more. At least now I have the family appeased, so that pressure is off. You see, I built it all up so big in the beginning, I had them clammering for results. Thanks for those list sites, and for all your advice that I almost followed in the past! Notice how it all came back to that advice anyhow?

Now if I can just change the thread's main icon to a happy face...

Congrats Bob, you have one of the best FTA satellites locked in now. There is a lot of good programming on that one, so enjoy!

Lak, you're going to get me in trouble with Anole and also with the family members, LOL!
I am going to wait a bit now before changing anything. You should see them in there... gathered around the set like they'd never seen TV before.

Shlever, thank you for your past help in getting this up.
Thank you Bob (wescopc), and Tron and Anole. Thank you ALL!!
- Jay
(CenterFreq)

Happy Day

Congratulations! I knew you could do it. Enjoy the RTN's (Retro Television Network)
Lots of good channels on that satellite. I think you described the VA network channel there, sometimes they have the Pentagon Channel showing on a smaller window.

Turbosat, another member I need to thank!!! That's the danger in trying to list everybody by name... I might leave somebody out!

You know, you're dead on! I saw what looked like the VA logo near the upper left of the screen. Here I am, a disabled veteran, and I never even knew that the VA had it's own network! It's amazing what's up here in the world of FTA.

And thanks to any other member that has helped us in our months long struggle to get hooked up!! We appreciate you guys!

Good for you, CF, it's an awesome feeling when that first picture comes into view. :up

You'll get the itch to add that motor soon enough, and you know where you can come for some help if you need it. :)

If you're a vet you will prob enjoy watching Pentagon Channel on AMC1 also (rather than watching it on that little box on VA Network , haha) Watching it right now!

Yes, it was quite a rush when a real picture came on the tube, even though it was a little picture surrounded by lots of other material (advertisements??), I don't even remember what that other stuff was. I remember noting what looked like the VA logo, and then calling out to all in the house... what a scene!

Turbo, I hope you don't mind, but I'm not moving off of that bird yet... I'm almost afraid I'll lose it! Eventually, I'm sure I will seek out the Pentagon Channel, as well as help my wife find the elusive CBS.

Careful !
He's got a bigger dish.
He's got a BUD out back.
Let's get him stable and maybe motorized on the Ku before we tempt him with the networks on the BUD ! :D

. . . and give his family time to realize they need another receiver! - :eek:

In fact, let me suggest the recycled DirecTV dish for NASA, as the next project, if you're looking for something to do.
But again, there's NO hurry !

Congratulations CenterFreq! Enjoy G-18, its my favorite bird (I have my 1 meter Channel Master dish permanently fixed there, which frees up my motorized dish for feed hunting elsewhere :) )

Thanks, Tron!

Lak7, I made a boo-boo; it's NBC that's elusive. She already found CBS somewhere in that group of 47 channels.

So, Anole, I hope the family lets me rest a bit, but I know my oldest son is already cruizin' eBay, to find a 4DTV. He still thinks he can buy two or maybe three channels a month from some provider, and he'll finally get his Japanese anime cartoons. But, he totally forgets that it will be me that has to go up and try to figure out the BUD wires, and all of that pain that I just went through. It sure sounds easier to do the DirectTV/NASA thing.

Congrats, knew you could get this up and running!

With you lock on G10R/18, you may find the following link helpful:
RTN Programming

Now, if you can just pry the remote out of your family member's hands so you get a chance to play.

Congratulations!

My thought for when you get ready to motorize -- get a second dish for the motor so you can play all you want, keeping the family happy, then get the motorized going correctly, etc.
What you will then get is a second, 3rd, 4th, 5th.... receivers (and dishes with dual lnbs) and then the whole family can be happy all the time! You will need to study the sticky thread on switches before you set that up!

Even though we are, now, just the wife and me, we have 7 kids, 12 grandkids, a greatgrand on the way - so you understand how I think!

WEC, thanks for the link to RTN programming! And like you said, it's still gonna be a fight for the remote for awhile.

And thanks Pop... I have two more dishes in the garage, and an unused BUD on the back of the roof. I'll be back soon with a new thread for the next "Newbies Go" project.

CenterFreq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts