NEWS FLASH: New Channels: LIFETIME Net, CMT, National Geographic,...

Im gonna have to start watchin like a hawk. They picture quality was getting to be pretty good before. Hopefully they set the channels up while the were tweaking the encoders so it won't hurt anything they have already done.

Can anybody check if they still are running the HD test chanels at ESPNA, ESPN2A and 700? Those 3 channels + EncoreHD vacancy would mean that VOOM could add up to 4 HD channel now. Come on VOOM get HDNet and inHD NOW!!!

This is sooooooo wild. The company is going through a virtual shootout and they are adding channels. How cool is that?

About the SD material, I, like most of you, want more HD but I understand that this is a business. From what I have read here, these are popular SD channels. They have to be able to compete.

(*For the record though, I will not even see these channels. :)

GO VOOM

Mike

New Channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a sat system were about to fold, there would be no need to roll out these new channels.
Long live VOOM!!!!!!!
Does anyone know what else is definitely coming?
Seems like we've got all the Lifetime feeds now.
BBC America anyone?
MTV2?
VH1 Classic?
Any HD?????

is Rod Serling going to make an appearance next? this is insane. think about the Voom employee. O heres a notice that were closing, you will need to find another job elsewhere, but could you just flip that switch over there and add these channels now before we close?

jgantert said:
Just shows how popular those channels are. :)

-John

My wife is going to be happy and that makes me happy. She's been shaking her head for the last week. :)

1080iBeVuMin said:
Isn't this nuts? We don't even know if the service is going forward, and here come new SD channels.

National Geographic is there, too! Too bad this is not a HD channel!!!
Why Nut's 60% of the post's want more Channels and here they are now we have the same 60% crying???. I don't remember TMCHD did we have that channel before??.

5 all together

From 151 to 156

I now have:

LMN
LIFE
LRW
NGC
CMT

I was hoping for BBC America! But these are a surprise all the same.
:)

kelljc said:
Why Nut's 60% of the post's want more Channels and here they are now we have the same 60% crying???. I don't remember TMCHD did we have that channel before??.
TMCHD is not new

They promised new channels starting in March...promise kept. Now don't flame me because the DVR is not out yet.

So Far...

289 - LMN (Lifetime Movie Network)
524 - LIFE (Lifetime)
525 - LRW (Lifetime Real Women)
618 - NGC (National Geographic Channel)
813 - CMT (Country Music Television)

Any HD channels??

And the other potential is (i don't personally believe this):

It will take less effort to allow it to roll to a stop, than to try an dput the breaks on everything all at once.

Obviously the new channel roll out has been planned for quite a long time. the fact it is happening in March as promised shows it was not an idle promise in January.

But instead of running around to every little department and reviewing every event on the calendar, and stopping each before it happens; CVC may just allow the processes to quit on their own, let's say they want to keep half of the employees, it will take some time to integrate them into the rest of the company, instead of going to them and saying, "you're done here get out, and in the next 45 days we'll be calling you to offer you a position," or "stop everything you are doing, sit on your hands and think good team thoughts" they may allow each person to do want they are scheduled to do until they get around to stopping them timely. If they wanted to transition the guy in charge of uplinking new channels then when he leaves Voom, there will be no new channels uplinked. One thing we can claim is that the uplink coordinator has not been reassigned.

If cost is your concern, economy comes from slowing the machine with the least friction. Just like brake pads on your car. Panic stops are hell on the system, if you can, try to use natural forces to help in reducing speed.

I had an install for Yesterday, but had them hold for a few days to see whats happening. Lifetime was a must before Wife would go with change from Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)