NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're also allowing the defense to run back a blocked PAT for a defensive 2-pt conversion (same as college). I wonder if they're allowing them to do the same thing for a blocked field goal.

You may be thinking of the short field goal. AFAIK that's not allowed in the NFL, but blocked FGs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the rules as I found them on Wikipedia, so take that for what it is worth.

National Football League
Missed field goals attempted from the 20-yard line or closer result in the opposing team taking possession at the 20-yard line from which the ball was kicked. Missed field goals attempted from beyond the 20-yard line result in the opposing team taking possession at the spot of the kick. (Until 1994, the opposing team would take possession at the line of scrimmage, unless the kick was attempted from inside the 20-yard line. And prior to the 1974 season, missed field goals resulted in the opposing team gaining possession at the 20-yard line if the kick was not or could not be returned.

Blocked:
Occasionally, the defense will succeed in blocking a field goal. If a blocked field goal is in or behind the neutral zone, it is treated like a fumble and can be advanced by either team. Beyond the neutral zone, a blocked kick is treated like a punt and can be advanced only by the defense, unless a defensive player fumbles the ball, after which an offensive player can advance it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_goal#Missed_field_goals

As of yesterday, intercepted or fumbled 1-2 point tries can be returned for 2 points. Previously it was just a dead ball.

Note these are the extra point tries, field goals are a different animal and weren't altered.

Reactions: mccoyrj
If it's business at usual it will be moved back further, Dean Blandio said. One kicker said that if they want to increase the difficulty they should narrow the uprights a little.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/25/nfl-players-3rd-arrest-in-9-months-for-domestic-violence/

NFL defensive end Ray McDonald is again under investigation for domestic violence following his third arrest in the past nine months.

How f'n hard is it to keep one's nose clean? Is it just his culture? Upbringing?

Seriously dont get it.

I think those guys...as in NFL players, it's just too tough to turn it off.. And I mean the violence. The ONLY reason you did not hear about the same type of news 20, 30 or 40 years ago is because there was no internet, cameras on phones and reporters kept matters that were considered private...private.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts