NFL ST for 2012 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have a question on the to-go feature, I have had in the past few seasons, and I can't find on the website what minimum requirements are for viewing on a laptop, does anyone know or have the link?

Reason I'm asking is I am upgrading my laptop in august or early september, and want to be sure what will be able to run to-go.

So I just called DirecTV and gave it a try with the Retention department, and got NFL ST Regular for FREE with a 1-year commitment, added the Max Upgrade for 25.00 a month for 4 months, plus got $15.00 off a month for 6 months(5 off of Starz, Sports and Ultimate packages each).

Pretty happy with it, not heading anywhere anytime soon, so DirecTV will be in my life for the future.

So I just called DirecTV and gave it a try with the Retention department, and got NFL ST Regular for FREE with a 1-year commitment, added the Max Upgrade for 25.00 a month for 4 months, plus got $15.00 off a month for 6 months(5 off of Starz, Sports and Ultimate packages each).

Pretty happy with it, not heading anywhere anytime soon, so DirecTV will be in my life for the future.

Good deal and the 1 year commitment will be up right before football season next year so you will have the same leverage again next year.

My initial 2 year commitment will be up next month, looking forward to calling in and see what they will do to keep me. I'm not sure if I want to try for the new, bigger DVR or go with the ST package.

Congrats on your good deal you got :)

We just got ST for $99.....piggy-backed onto the purchase of swapping out our old HR20 for a HR34

Good deal and the 1 year commitment will be up right before football season next year so you will have the same leverage again next year.

My initial 2 year commitment will be up next month, looking forward to calling in and see what they will do to keep me. I'm not sure if I want to try for the new, bigger DVR or go with the ST package.

Thanks fightfan, was super happy. Have no issue with 1yr agreement, not going anywhere anytime soon. I was hoping they would offer that, and I called after 8 PM on tuesday, just to give it a go.

I'm interested to see what people think about the new HR34. I'm interested in it, but would wait for a little to get one, probably till next year. Would love the 5 tuners.

my call was on a Wed..(yesterday) to the retention dept. During lunch time here on the West coast (didn't ask what time zone he was in)!

I was negotiating with them to swap out our old HR20 for the new HR34.....
At the end of negotiations for that I asked what else they could do for me.
He gave me choice between Stars or Showtime free for 6 months.

Then I asked him about NFL ST.
He mentioned it would be $200.Then he came back and asked..
"have you ever had ST before?"
Why YES I have...(about 5 years ago).

He then told me he can offer it to me for $99.

I "like" the $100 price for NFL ST.....
HOWEVER...
What I can't stomach is the practice of having to pay for it 3 months in advance....
-bad form DTV...

I don't have directv but just out of curiosity where do the ST feeds come from? Is it a national feed with only national or no commercials or do they just grab a random city's CBS or Fox channel with their local promos and commercials?

I was strongly considering buying ST for my PS3 because I have been so impressed with MLB.tv this season but it sounds like ST through the PS3 was a terrible experience last year.

National feed from the NFL/Networks. Envision Directv promos / commercials in place of any local promos / commercials.

National feed from the NFL/Networks. Envision Directv promos / commercials in place of any local promos / commercials.

I wish they had wild feeds like in the old BUD time when you could watch what happens during commercials and the announcers talking to each other.

This, only other thing I see is CBS and FOX shows commercials, like during football season I would see Terranova on FOX commercials. CSI, NCIS on CBS, etc.. But National commercials. Nothing local.

My Brother in law showed me the MLB for the PS3 and that is awesome! I would love if the NFL had all those features the MLB offered.

I wish they had wild feeds like in the old BUD time when you could watch what happens during commercials and the announcers talking to each other.

well lets see
the "eye" network still does on big (need at least an 8 footer...usually bigger) dish
the "peacock" network does on the smaller (30-36") dish
the "we are....." network uses some freaky encoding setup that FTA receivers cant see

both "the bristol, ct" network and the "official" network feeds are scrambled

fightfan said:
My Brother in law showed me the MLB for the PS3 and that is awesome! I would love if the NFL had all those features the MLB offered.

They do have it for PS3 but I'm not sure on features. Also, according to everything I have read about it, it was no where near as reliable as MLB.tv. Supposedly it was practically unusable for the beginning of the season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts