NFL Sunday Ticket 2006 Season($19.00/MVP Easy Pay)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dcwebman said:
I just got some news from a D* rep that really has me staggered. I subscribe to D* just for the Sunday Ticket. She told me that come the 2006 Sunday Ticket, in order to have it, a person has to be subscribed to at least a minimum base package which at the current time is Total Choice Limited, a $36.95 package. That forces me to pay that extra a month for nothing just to get the Sunday Ticket if I still want to subscribe to my digital cable, or switch completely to D*. This monopoly with the NFL & the D* has to stop.

It just seems to be the trend everywhere. Dish is forcing folks to pony up if they just want HD programming as well. I certainly dont like this trend at all. I know companies are in business to make money but enough is enough. I shouldnt be forced to buy steak if I want potatoes. Congress needs to step in and stop the madness. Or, cause more confusion. :mad:

I think there is no monopoly - DirecTV ponies up the cash for the package .. cash that other providers wont pay.. Plus unless Comcast and TWC get together, there would be no national distribution of the package (even with those two giants you wont get 100%) .. DirecTV knows they have us by the balls with the sunday ticket.. Does it suck.. you bet it does.. But at the end of the day it boils down to this.. do you want your out of market team.. if so here is the price. Am I pissed of at DirecTv - yep, will things get better? Probably.. Have I called DirecTv to voice my displeasure?? yep - and as a result have a few credits to show for it.. Its give and take..

However, what really chapps me is the superfan fee - but like the whole package.. you want it?? here is the cost...

jim

Since we're talking the Sunday Ticket, thought I would ask this. That's the only programming I've had from D* for the last 3 years and learned that for the 2006 season I need to have at least a minimum package in order to get it. I contacted my local cable company, Cebridge Connections, to see how much just their cable internet service would cost. The rep asked if I was unhappy with their cable channels and I told him the story. The guy said that they had offered the NFL package in the past and heard rumors that they would be offering it again this year.

Now it's certainly possible that I've lived under a rock for the past 11 years I've had the Sunday Ticket, but I thought only D* was the one that did and could offer it. Have others offered it too in the past?

DirecTV has the national rights in the USA only.. BEV in Canada also offers it.. but I have not heard of any USA cable company having it..

While we are on the topic, I was going thru some things and I saw the letter from DTV, that many of us received to get a interactive receiver and 99.00 credit for next season. Should be interesting to see when that credit is applied and what change in price that will make.

satjay said:
While we are on the topic, I was going thru some things and I saw the letter from DTV, that many of us received to get a interactive receiver and 99.00 credit for next season. Should be interesting to see when that credit is applied and what change in price that will make.

I hung onto that letter as well. Says we are getting credit (free) SuperFan for 2006.

If you know you want Sunday Ticket for the 2006 season purchase before March 1. Starting March 1 the early bird price is going up to $229 based on an email I received from DirecTV.

Before March 1 the price is $209.

This was in the D* e-mail newsletter I received this morning:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™
(From 03/01/06 through 07/31/06)
Early-Bird Offer – $229 or 5 payments of $45.80

So, it looks like it went up a few bucks. Wasn't it $209 last year?

Proc said:
This was in the D* e-mail newsletter I received this morning:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™
(From 03/01/06 through 07/31/06)
Early-Bird Offer – $229 or 5 payments of $45.80

So, it looks like it went up a few bucks. Wasn't it $209 last year?

What about automatic renewal? It clearly states this on the website that prior subs are automatically renewed at the lowest rate. So, IMO if you had it last year or subsequent years leading up to this season you should qualify for the lowest price.

Anyone have info on this?? My auto. renewal was $200 last year.

pokerguru said:
What about automatic renewal? It clearly states this on the website that prior subs are automatically renewed at the lowest rate. So, IMO if you had it last year or subsequent years leading up to this season you should qualify for the lowest price.

Good question what role will auto renewal have? If it does kick in, we have to start paying now in Feb?

And also what role will that credit letter that many of us recived last year play??

pokerguru said:

I thought the auto renewal put you in at the Early Bird rate...trying to remember from last year...

satjay said:
Good question what role will auto renewal have? If it does kick in, we have to start paying now in Feb?

And also what role will that credit letter that many of us recived last year play??

Good question. The credit letter we got said $49 off the Super Fan package. Is the SuperFan package $49 or $99? Will we have to pay $50 more for the HD and interactive content???

ok..Just started got off the phone with DTV, regarding auto renewal. I asked if we would get charged now, and was told no. it would be closer to the season. Then I asked about the "Credit". Was told that would be credited also closer to the season. Hopefully we all held on to the letter!. Also not a big surprise, but superfan would be a seperate tier again this year

satjay said:
ok..Just started got off the phone with DTV, regarding auto renewal. I asked if we would get charged now, and was told no. it would be closer to the season. Then I asked about the "Credit". Was told that would be credited also closer to the season. Hopefully we all held on to the letter!. Also not a big surprise, but superfan would be a seperate tier again this year

Does this mean that auto. renewals will be given the price of $209 when they start to bill for this?

I noticed in D* email that the payments were in increments of 5 instead of 4 in previous years to make the rate look similar to last year. Nice marketing ploy!!!

Also, I've heard different stories as to the minimum programming one will have to sub in order to get ST. Any one know is this is true? I sub to Para Todos w/o locals(cheapest) just to get ST during the NFL season.

Proc said:
Good question. The credit letter we got said $49 off the Super Fan package. Is the SuperFan package $49 or $99? Will we have to pay $50 more for the HD and interactive content???

Last year SuperFan was reduced to $49 for previous Sunday Ticket subscribers, and priced at $99 for first time Sunday Ticket subscribers. Auto renewals usually run $20-$40 below standard or early bird pricing. My guess for 2006 pricing is $99-$109 for first time SuperFan subscribers and $59-$79 for auto renewals before the $49 credit.

Also D* told me today that the 2006 Sunday Ticket auto renewal is $199.

after reading all of your posts i'm now confused. i spoke with D* a month or so ago about an unrelated issue and while i was on the phone with them i decided to ask about renewal of my sunday ticket. i wanted to know if there was a way to pre-pay in smaller payments throughout the year, rather than larger payments right before the season starts. i was placed on hold and then told i could pay $19 a month starting now and was assured that i was getting the same rate as i paid last year. i wasn't sure at that time what rate i had paid last year, so i assumed i was being given correct information, since i ask 3 times to be sure. now i'm thinking that i was given information that was totally incorrect.

Status
Please reply by conversation.