NFL Sunday Ticket 2014/2015 Season - Discuss Pricing/Discounts/Offers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Called and got a new genie on its way(hopefully a 44), premiums and sports pack free for 3 months and ST free again with a 1 year commitment. Plus major discounts

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

been getting the sunday ticket free the last few years. called this past week threaten to cancel got it for free again plus other discounts.

I've been a customer for 17 years. Retentions rep said that if you had ST free last year that it couldn't be offered free this year. I've had it free for the last 10 years.

Since I just got a free genie upgrade I didn't feel like negotiating this time so I settled for ST Max for 1/2 price plus $10 off month for a year plus free showtime for 3 months.

Made the first call of the year. Was offered Max at half off with 3 months free Showtime. I really don't want the Max, but the nice lady I spoke with said that max was the only discount she showed. Canceled the ticket from my account and had bill lowered from 100+ dollars to 57.99 dollars per month. Will call back later to see if I can get a deal on the "regular" ticket.

I was offered the Genie as well, declined. All I want is NFLST.

I think their routing system has changed because I called Friday, and the woman I spoke to could only offer me half off the MAX. I don't typically use all that comes with that package so I just declined and hung up.

On Monday, I called again only this time instead of saying "Cancel" "Cancel", I said "Cancel", "Close Account". I was routed to a really nice guy who offered me RedZone for free plus a bunch of bill credits. For me, RedZone is pretty much all I watch so I grabbed that deal. Lowered my bill by about $45 a month plus I have RedZone by itself for the first time ever.

I don't know if they are getting wise to us calling every year or if this simply is a change in their automated menu system, but it seems you have to be very specific about closing your account to get a Retentions rep. They did update their billing department recently so it might just be because of that. But if you don't get any offers you want, don't be afraid to call back. They're there...you just need to get the correct department.

I could've gotten the basic ST for free too...it was that or the RedZone. So if you don't like the RZ channel the standard ST package should be an offer too. Also, it helps to say something like "my friend also has Direct and he's getting such-and-such". Seems to put the reps on defense to match what you're asking for (within reason, of course).

No contract, 3yrs as a DTV customer with Ultimate pkg & 4 outlets...gotten some form of the Ticket free every year so far. No complaints here! :)

I think the automated system sends you to a department more based on hold time than on what you say trying to get retention. If there is several calls waiting for retention I wouldn't be surprised if it sent you to a base CSR first to minimize hold times. Generally customers calling to cancel are upset about something and they likely don't want them having long hold times.

I think that is why some calls to "cancel" or "check contract" end up with very different CSR capabilities.

I just checked my receivers and when I click on the promo channel for Sunday ticket it says " you are authorized for this " or something to that effect .. I cancelled my auto renew does this message mean I'm subscribed to the package or that I'm just subscribed to the promo channel ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I literally just asked a manager about getting Red Zone for free this morning after I had customer service problems and was told that it didn't come by itself, only with Sunday Ticket. So frustrating that you get different answers from different people!

I think their routing system has changed because I called Friday, and the woman I spoke to could only offer me half off the MAX. I don't typically use all that comes with that package so I just declined and hung up.

On Monday, I called again only this time instead of saying "Cancel" "Cancel", I said "Cancel", "Close Account". I was routed to a really nice guy who offered me RedZone for free plus a bunch of bill credits.

I had the opposite experience. "Cancel" then "Close Account" is what I did last year (and got really good deals). This year, after I said "Cancel" once, it took me to someone immediately. As other people have said, it sounds like current wait times (or something) might factor into it.

I had the opposite experience. "Cancel" then "Close Account" is what I did last year (and got really good deals). This year, after I said "Cancel" once, it took me to someone immediately. As other people have said, it sounds like current wait times (or something) might factor into it.

I have heard others had good luck with specifically saying "close my DirecTV account" or "when does my contract end?" or "contract end date" or "what's my contract end date?" or "what's my contract expiration date?" or "customer retention group" just to name a few phrases, that might net you a better result...

Also, Monday is one of the busiest days of the week to call DirecTV.

I've been a customer for 17 years. Retentions rep said that if you had ST free last year that it couldn't be offered free this year. I've had it free for the last 10 years.

Since I just got a free genie upgrade I didn't feel like negotiating this time so I settled for ST Max for 1/2 price plus $10 off month for a year plus free showtime for 3 months.

Update: My friend mentioned that people were having success starting a chat session, getting a code, and then calling d*.

I tried it this morning but the chat rep wasn't as helpful - I wanted to down grade to the standard ST and get my $163 refunded. He gave me a number to call to try and get it done but did not give me a code and I don't think he left any comments on my account.

The first phone rep I spoke to literally took what I said and typed it in as a note on my account (refund $163, remove ST Max, put ST free on account). After he entered the note and verified with his supervisor that he could not do it, he transferred me to someone else who got it done. It was all very strange the way it went down.

So I did get my ST free - even thought my contract date was already 2016. The rep did ask me if I had gotten the ticket free before but he didn't seem to care what my answer was. Both reps I spoke to were very nice and wanted to do everything they could for me.

Just talked with rep. My contract ends this month. Last year I received free ST and about $45 of various credits. They matched the deal again as long as I agreed to another one year-no brainer. The key is to have a good pay history and be nice. It is my impression that they have alot of leeway in the offers they can make to keep you as a customer. Just tell them you had the deal previously and would like to get the same or similar deal again.

Called today - got the ST Max for $164 deal as well as $10 off for 12 mos. I pressed for free regular ST and I'd agree to a 12 month contract but was told that wasn't available. So I'm still out of contract, which is nice.

I apologize if this has been answered, but couldn't find a thread. Does anyone have any news on who will carry the Ticket in 2015 and beyond?

I apologize if this has been answered, but couldn't find a thread. Does anyone have any news on who will carry the Ticket in 2015 and beyond?
No settlement yet and they are still discussing the deal but imo DirecTV is keeping it unless the NFL wants too much!! :)

So, I have had Dtv for 15 years now all for the ticket, I have never really gotten any major discounts on anything except for free hd for two years when I signed up for auto pay. I called today because $330 this year is crazy, especially when I am home maybe 6 weekends out of the football season due to work. Anyways, first I was offered $5 off a month for 6 months, slap in the face if you ask me, so she kept looking for discounts, $20 off bill for 12 months with new agreement, $10 off with agreement for 1 year. Then she spoke to her supervisor and said a flyer was sent to certain customers with a long tenure with them for an offer for free ST this year and asked if I received the flyer, said to keep an eye out for it and to call next Friday if I do not receive it. Reading how people have gotten the ST for free multiple years is baffling to me when I call and am offered an initial $5 off for 6 months and I have had them without interruption for 15 years. Crazy. I guess we will see next week whether this flyer exists and shows up or what happens with my next call to them.

So, I have had Dtv for 15 years now all for the ticket, I have never really gotten any major discounts on anything except for free hd for two years when I signed up for auto pay. I called today because $330 this year is crazy, especially when I am home maybe 6 weekends out of the football season due to work. Anyways, first I was offered $5 off a month for 6 months, slap in the face if you ask me, so she kept looking for discounts, $20 off bill for 12 months with new agreement, $10 off with agreement for 1 year. Then she spoke to her supervisor and said a flyer was sent to certain customers with a long tenure with them for an offer for free ST this year and asked if I received the flyer, said to keep an eye out for it and to call next Friday if I do not receive it. Reading how people have gotten the ST for free multiple years is baffling to me when I call and am offered an initial $5 off for 6 months and I have had them without interruption for 15 years. Crazy. I guess we will see next week whether this flyer exists and shows up or what happens with my next call to them.

I received a flyer this week from DirecTV, I cancelled ST 2 months ago...I'll give them a call today and see if they can offer me anything better.

Update, I called the 1800 GET SPORTS number for directv, I got Sunday Ticket (regular) For free again this year!
No commitment.
I asked for the Max, he didn't have any offers available for that, but gave me the standard ST free.
Couldn't ask for anything better.
Sure I will miss Andrew Siciliano and Red Zone, but as long as I get to see all my Patriots games this year I am super happy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)