NFL Sunday ticket deals/offers 2016...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A friend of mine received the email yesterday for free ST. I called in to ask where mine was since I have 3 AT&T services and am a long time customer. The rep looked over my account and said she couldn't give me ST for free, but she was able to give me ST Max for $44.95 over 6 months and would offset the cost with a $40 credit for 12 months. So basically they are paying me for it. I looked on my account and the credit shows up as a loyalty credit. I am also still receiving all of my other credits ~$35 on top of this.

Reactions: madmadworld
I got this in E-Mail today called in and got the deal that this E-Mail today great offer hard to pass up for NFLST Max............. Get access to our most popular football package-valued at over $350! View Online
DIRECTV AT&T THANKS™
DIRECTV's most popular football package could be all yours
Dear

This season, AT&T wants to help you bring home all the gridiron action.

As our way of saying thanks for being part of the AT&T family, we are offering you the 2016 season subscription to DIRECTV's most popular football package (valued at over $350) at a special rate of just $99.96 for the season. That's just $24.99 per month over four months—call it a touchdown!

I hope you'll take advantage of this special offer made with you in mind. This offer is valid through September 30th so call 800.531.5000 today and we'll get you set up.

This offer is just the beginning. Expect more entertainment, service and experience offers to come your way because we just can't thank you enough.

Yours,

Jay Cary Signature
Jay Cary
VP Marketing Strategy and Customer Loyalty
Call 800.531.5000 today!
Learn more about:
AT&T Thanks
DIRECTV FOOTBALL

This offer is non-transferrable.

YOUR EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
This e-mail was sent to whitewolf8214@yahoo.com. You are receiving this e-mail as a result of your recent DIRECTV order. DIRECTV reserves the right to contact you via e-mail regarding business transactions. For more details on how DIRECTV uses your information, please read our Privacy Policy.

If you would like to receive special offer e-mails from DIRECTV, view/change which e-mails you currently receive or change your e-mail address, manage your email here.

ENSURE EMAIL DELIVERY
Make sure DIRECTV e-mails reach your inbox. Add directv@directv.com and directv@cm.directv.com to your address book or safe senders list.

To unsubscribe from all DIRECTV emails, click here or write to DIRECTV | P.O. Box 6550 | Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550.

QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Please don't reply to this e-mail directly; replies to this e-mail address cannot be answered. If you have questions or concerns about this e-mail, you can e-mail DIRECTV Customer Care here.

DIRECTV | P.O. Box 6550, Greenwood Village, CO 80155

©2016 AT&T Intellectual Property. All Rights Reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, DIRECTV and all other DIRECTV marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.

I am disappointed that they aren't showing the Shortcuts on DirecTV receivers (channel or on-demand). I also could not find them on the Apple TV app.

It seems really odd to kill this feature to only cell phones and tablets, and makes me wonder if it was a change with their agreement with the NFL.
The NFL has their rewind package for $99/year, perhaps they felt some people would pay for both.

I have regular Sunday Ticket and the Premium Package. I'm still in contract. I just chatted with a rep who called another department and got me a free Max upgrade and 6 month discounts on Starz, Cinemax, HBO and Showtime that will reduce my bill by about $36.00.

If I'm lucky I'll get the same email that others got with even more ST discounts.

I've been getting either ST or the RZ channel for free for as long as I can remember. I usually just call to cancel after my contract is up and they give it to me, usually with a bunch of other discounts and channels, without hesitation. This time I was told that I couldn't even get the RZ channel by itself if I paid for it. I can't even get a discount on full priced ST. ST Max is too much for just me so I actually had to cancel after years of service. Anyone have any recommendations for the RZ channel? I guess I'm signing up for DN if anyone knows any good deals.

I called the direct customer service line this morning and stated "billing question" when asked the reason for my call. I was transferred to a nice rep and I gave my spiel that I am a long time customer and interested in getting some billing credits as well as whatever deal is available for the Sunday Ticket this year. The rep said she could offer me the Sunday Ticket Max for $179.96, which is half off the list price and $90 less than $269.94 deal that I could get for the Max if I just signed up for it myself by logging into my account. But, because I am in month 12 of 12 for my billing credits (totaling $35, on top of a permanent $10 off a month for an old AT&T/Bellsouth bundling promo that goes way back before AT&T bought out Directv) she could only offer $5 off a month in credits. I will have to call back in a month to get any potential credits put back on.

I thanked her and was upfront that I call once a year and get transferred around until I finally reach the customer retention department, which has always offered better deals. So, I politely asked her to transfer me to customer retention. The rep then stated she was with the customer retention department and there was no need to transfer me. I told her I would think about it. She then gave me a callback telephone number with a four digit pin that will expire in 5 days. Not sure if this is a new thing or not. Frankly, I was surprised that I was transferred immediately to a customer retention department and I told her so -- but, she was non-responsive. She just insisted that she worked for customer retention and that this was the best deal she could offer. She stated twice that if I had gotten Sunday Ticket free in the past several years that I wouldn't be getting it free again for at least 3 years.

I will try calling back later, but not sure if I will be able to get a better deal. I've been a customer since 1997. I have 7 active receivers on the account. But, when I called in last year I had no contract an all of my credits (save the permanent $10 off) had dropped off my account. Because of that, last year they gave me the basic Sunday Ticket free and I only paid for the Max upgrade. I got $5 off for 12 months, $20 off for 12 months, HBO/Cinemax/Showtime for free for 12 months. Also, they gave me a genie and two wireless mini-genies which came with a 2 year contract. Based on what I got last year, I can't complain. Since I'm still under contract and last year's credits still haven't fallen off the account, I'm not in a position to negotiate a package deal.

I just called back to make sure I wasn't under contract and this time the rep somehow worked out ST Max for free with a one year contract. I'm guessing the other rep couldn't do anything because I got ST for free 3 years ago. It looks like my case may have been escalated when I called back. I'm guessing I'll get absolutely nothing next year. Hopefully they'll offer the RZ channel on it's own by then. It's not even an option in their system right now.

I just called back to make sure I wasn't under contract and this time the rep somehow worked out ST Max for free with a one year contract. I'm guessing the other rep couldn't do anything because I got ST for free 3 years ago. It looks like my case may have been escalated when I called back. I'm guessing I'll get absolutely nothing next year. Hopefully they'll offer the RZ channel on it's own by then. It's not even an option in their system right now.

Many have gotten the Red Zone Channel on its own by simply asking. There are many posts about it here and on similar sites.

This year ?

You know what? I guess not. The thread on the other site just reads "Red Zone without Sunday Ticket" and is from 2014 but people are still commenting on it. I didn't really read the thread as it doesn't pertain to me at all since I have Sunday Ticket. My bad, the posts from this year on that thread are not good. It appears that this is the first year that people haven't had luck.

You know what? I guess not. The thread on the other site just reads "Red Zone without Sunday Ticket" and is from 2014 but people are still commenting on it. I didn't really read the thread as it doesn't pertain to me at all since I have Sunday Ticket. My bad, the posts from this year on that thread are not good. It appears that this is the first year that people haven't had luck.
I was just wondering, as I haven't seen anyone Here mention getting it as stand alone yet this year.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if I wasn't getting ST free as a new (returning) subscriber, I would utilize one of my college children accreditation to get the student streaming package of $100 for the season, and that includes Max.

The ST streaming app is on the Roku & Fire TV boxes (and others, I think). So you are still able to watch it on your tv but it would be one stream only. That's what I did for the 2 years I've been away from D* and it was perfect for me.

So I would suggest for those who are not getting the love they want from D* this year for ST, call up your favorite niece, nephew, sibling, etc and see if they can help a fan out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the SatelliteGuys app!

Well I was able to get a deal, and a great one, but it wasn't through DirecTV itself, I got a flier in the mail from ATT since they're my cell provider, and offered 2 free years of my favorite sports package by adding a new line of service, at first it was just a cell phone, but the rep got his boss to allow a tablet, so they gave me the ATT Trek 2 for free, 2 yr commitment, and I got the NFL Ticket free for 2016 and 2017, it wasn't originally for 2016 according to the CSR, but I got a $203 and change NFLST credit on my DTV bill, and it says Max Free under programming, so I have it free this year, and next year, plus the credit paid for my monthly bill this coming month, so no need to pay another bill till December.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts