NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine shows on my account as free.

ok I was looking in the wrong spot - I have superfan listed @ $0 in the my packages portion of the site - I thought they were gonna charge it then credit it so I was looking at the recent activity portion. FYI for anyone else

Mine shows on my account as free.

Did you happen to check your account today ?
I thought that SF was free for the Auto renew people, but it appears that they just haven't billed them yet, as I was billed for my SF yesterday.

Jimbo

D* just told me that SF is NOT free for Auto Renew people, but they have discounted it for us. They gave us 3 months free, as our accounts were not billed for the 1st 3 months...

In essence they gave me a 49.50 credit, so the SF was only 49. this year...
I have to say it was some kind of fuzzy math.
I got the ST for $249 and the SF for $49, both are the Auto renew prices.

This supposively is the lowest price for the year on SF.

Jimbo

Did you happen to check your account today ?
I thought that SF was free for the Auto renew people, but it appears that they just haven't billed them yet, as I was billed for my SF yesterday.

Jimbo

Here is my sports subscriptions section of the site... as you can see, the price is $0.00.

On a side note, I also get a $10 per month credit towards the NFL ST package, so I'm actually only paying $65 instead of $75.

Attachments

• satguys.jpg
    satguys.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 130
Thanks for the heads up, Jimbo. I'll do that. As a new subscriber to D* overall I may have gotten a bit better deal.

D* just told me that SF is NOT free for Auto Renew people, but they have discounted it for us. They gave us 3 months free, as our accounts were not billed for the 1st 3 months...

Jimbo

hay that's still better than paying full price

jimbo, did your august bill just post? mine will post this weekend and i'll be curious to see if there's a change. when i called regarding the flyer, the csr noted my account that it is suppose to be free. i'll call them back if necessary. but i'll also let you know what happens after my august bill posts!

jimbo, did your august bill just post? mine will post this weekend and i'll be curious to see if there's a change. when i called regarding the flyer, the csr noted my account that it is suppose to be free. i'll call them back if necessary. but i'll also let you know what happens after my august bill posts!

I called them with a Tivo problem and confirmed the SuperFan charge. As my bill suggests, no fee this year. The $0 charge showed up about 1.5 months ago. Not sure if it carried over from last year, a reward for being a good customer, or early bird auto payment subscriber of Sunday Ticket. Either way, it hasnt charged and the CSR didnt see anything that indicated a later charge is coming.

I think the bottom line is that Directv's CSRs are retarded. I mean that in the sense that they are SLOW. Slow to learn about new promos, slow to catch on to what you're asking for, slow at everything.

The retention people are authorized to give a max $99 credit to customers who aren't satisfied.

So, call in if you aren't satisfied with the price of superfan. They will give you the $99 credit upfront. Even if it doesn't remove the $16 monthly superfan charges, it will make up for it.

Of course its not "supposed to be free for those who renew". Duh. That makes NO sense.

The free superfan promo is for NEW customers. Anyone who has signed up for directv in the past few years (while superfan has been an option) got it free the first time...

...they've just been trying to retain sunday ticket subscriptions by giving the credits.

I went to verify that it IS the August bill, I think it is, and found that the D* site is down at the moment while they update ...

Jimbo

I called last Saturday to get SuperFan for free. The CSR on the phone told me he would take care of it. As of now, it still doesn't show up under my Sports Subscriptions (Sunday Ticket does). How long should I wait to call back? Should it take this long to process?

I called last Saturday to get SuperFan for free. The CSR on the phone told me he would take care of it. As of now, it still doesn't show up under my Sports Subscriptions (Sunday Ticket does). How long should I wait to call back? Should it take this long to process?

Normally it happens within an hour to show up online.

Jimbo

Did you get the flyer in the mail? If so, you're getting hosed here. That deal is the Early Bird price of ST ($269) plus SF for FREE.

When I called, as I stated earlier in this thread, the CSR told me that I was getting SF for free because I was on auto-renew. I don't know what the right answer is but if I were in your situation and I had received the flyer (which I did) I'd be asking them to cancel my subscription and give me the flyer deal.

Did you get the flyer in the mail? If so, you're getting hosed here. That deal is the Early Bird price of ST ($269) plus SF for FREE.

When I called, as I stated earlier in this thread, the CSR told me that I was getting SF for free because I was on auto-renew. I don't know what the right answer is but if I were in your situation and I had received the flyer (which I did) I'd be asking them to cancel my subscription and give me the flyer deal.

I have not received a flyer or email about the NFL ST or SF, for some reason I must get passed over for this type of stuff.
btw, I am set up to rec. email newsletters and such from them and I do get them.

Jimbo

I just called this afternoon and told the guy that with the current economic situation that money is tight right now and that unless they could help me out I would have to cancel ST.

I am an auto-renewal and already was charged for the first month of ST and SF. So the guy offered me free SF, credit for the first month of SF I already paid and $10 credit for 6 months. I asked if there was anything else he could offer and he came back with free Stars for 3 months also.

Auto-renew $249 - $60 = $189 for ST. With free SF and 3 months of Stars.

I think the bottom line is that Directv's CSRs are retarded. I mean that in the sense that they are SLOW. Slow to learn about new promos, slow to catch on to what you're asking for, slow at everything.

The retention people are authorized to give a max $99 credit to customers who aren't satisfied.

So, call in if you aren't satisfied with the price of superfan. They will give you the $99 credit upfront. Even if it doesn't remove the $16 monthly superfan charges, it will make up for it.

Of course its not "supposed to be free for those who renew". Duh. That makes NO sense.

The free superfan promo is for NEW customers. Anyone who has signed up for directv in the past few years (while superfan has been an option) got it free the first time...

...they've just been trying to retain sunday ticket subscriptions by giving the credits.

Well I just called and it was my first time ever doing it. I got a very nice lady and told her that I heard SF was free if you signed up for ST. She said yes and then went to add everything to my account. It took her about 15 minutes and she couldn't find the free SF for ST just for the MLB package. So she charged me for SF and then gave me $100 credit on my bill.....so free SF this year! Thanks to all you guys for the help. I hope others have better luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts