NHL 2008-09 Season

Bruins last topped 100 pts in 2003-04, finishing 2nd in the East and one and done against Montreal in the first round after leading that series 3-1 with game 5 played in Boston

It still hurts :mad:

Bruins last topped 100 pts in 2003-04, finishing 2nd in the East and one and done against Montreal in the first round after leading that series 3-1 with game 5 played in Boston

It still hurts :mad:

I don't see them facing the Habs. They are moving up higher in the standings.

Tonight could have history being made!!! The Blue Jackets are now only 1 point out of locking in their first playoff appearance in team history.

Ohio has been waiting for this day forever!

jackets_hawks.jpg

Columbus Blue Jackets (40-29-10, 90pts)
vs. Chicago Blackhawks (44-24-11, 99pts)
United Center, Chicago, IL
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
8:30 PM EDT
FSOhio/WWCD(fm)/WBNS(am)

This is it: the night for which Jacket fans have been waiting almost a decade. With one point, Columbus can clinch its first-ever berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Thanks to Chicago’s win over Nashville last night, the magic number is down to one. The Jackets aren’t the only team with something on the line, however: with a win, the Blackhawks would lock up the #4 seed, which would mean home-ice advantage in at least the first round of the playoffs. I say they can wait one more game to wrap that up, however. Tonight is all about the Jackets finally getting over the hump. At least, it darn well better be.

HD - Are you sure that FSOhio is carrying the game tonight? I do not see it listed in the guide. I was pretty bummed out when I got home from work and did not see it listed.

HD - Are you sure that FSOhio is carrying the game tonight? I do not see it listed in the guide. I was pretty bummed out when I got home from work and did not see it listed.

FSN Ohio has the Cav's game ...
FSN Cincy has the Red's game...

No Blue Jackets tonight.

Even the Blue Jackets site shows it should be on FSN Ohio. They must have forgotten about the Cavs game tonight.

Well I am very happy now. Just found that the Jackets are on an RSNa on Directv 680 :D. Time to watch history in the making.

Blackhawks lead Blue Jackets, 3-2 at the end of the second period.

Keep in mind that the Jackets ONLY have to be tied at the end of regulation to clinch a playoff berth.

It would be tied if Nash would not have scored that one goal for the Blackhawks :eek:

Now since that goal does not count into his stats he did get an assist tonight which makes him the all time season leader in points for the Jackets. I sure hope they pay out the money over the summer to keep him around. i would hate to lose him to another team.

It would be tied if Nash would not have scored that one goal for the Blackhawks :eek:

Now since that goal does not count into his stats he did get an assist tonight which makes him the all time season leader in points for the Jackets. I sure hope they pay out the money over the summer to keep him around. i would hate to lose him to another team.

Detroit would like him :D