No Offers For Long Time Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I called Customer Service yesterday to see if there were any special offers available for a customer of 20 years. Although I would be happy with any type of discount on any service, in particular I was hoping for some type of discount on the Sports Pac / Regional Networks. Although the rep was very friendly, she said there was absolutely nothing available for me, not even a small discount for a few months. I'm not sure if this is related to the AT&T acquisition, but it appears that they have really shut down the discounts for existing customers.

everyone always wants something.

as i have said before, just lower price accros the board, and stop with new customer offers, and everything else

It is ridiculous to say that someone who was a new customer 20 years ago got the same deals that they get now... If they got any deal at all.
not much folks left from 20 years ago. I was referring to folks who signed up "recently" since the new promos started being the norm.

not much folks left from 20 years ago. I was referring to folks who signed up "recently" since the new promos started being the norm.

But that is not what this thread is about...

21 years ago I had to buy the dish and the receiver and they were not cheap. Plus I installed everything myself.

Exactly. You have been a long-term customer who has given them business for 21 years without perks that people (like me) who have signed up in the last 5 to 10 years got. There is no good reason a long-term customer can't get a thank-you promo.

Exactly. You have been a long-term customer who has given them business for 21 years without perks that people (like me) who have signed up in the last 5 to 10 years got. There is no good reason a long-term customer can't get a thank-you promo.
I would love to hear what promos if any have been offer in 21 years.... You are under the assumption none have been offered.... Which can be the case or may be not....

You need to be ready to go with another service. Call to cancel. Then the offers will come. If they are not good enough, then just cancel service and go with a new provider.

I would love to hear what promos if any have been offer in 21 years.... You are under the assumption none have been offered.... Which can be the case or may be not....
This is true, we don't know what he has recvr in p reviews credits .... however, if it's minimal, he should be able to get something. However he probably needs to go a different route than a regular CSR .... I'm thinking that's all the further he got.

There used to be a thing around the anniversary of your signup date that I got for maybe 3 years then they stopped it. Seems like i got Starz-Encore free for a while one time then Showtime. The last one I got was sportspak for 3 months which happened to be Jan-March so only good for hockey and curling :-D

There used to be a thing around the anniversary of your signup date that I got for maybe 3 years then they stopped it. Seems like i got Starz-Encore free for a while one time then Showtime. The last one I got was sportspak for 3 months which happened to be Jan-March so only good for hockey and curling :-D

Yes, I got that also for about 3 years. I think one time it was a few free PPV movies. I wondered what happened to that program.

things change in business models

i used to get $200 toward a phone with verizon years ago.
today its a monthly fee.

people need to stop whining they want free stuff and just pay for what they want

Reactions: joed32
How is it unfair if you were 'new" once before? The "new" subs will become "old" just as you did....
I didn't get all those "newbie" deals way back when because Dish was building a sub base back then and didn't have much for "new" subs...now, as an "old" sub, nearly the only way I get an offer is when I may threaten to cancel...it shouldn't have to be that way.

Reactions: Hideftv
I didn't get all those "newbie" deals way back when because Dish was building a sub base back then and didn't have much for "new" subs...now, as an "old" sub, nearly the only way I get an offer is when I may threaten to cancel...it shouldn't have to be that way.
see post #10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)