No TNTHD for Sunday Ticket? TNT takes the Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Called Directv and asked, "where is my TNT HD on sundays, that I'm paying for in my HD package?". They informed me that "Football" needed my TNT HD bandwith but they would credit my D* HD package $5 a month, for 12 months. Cool.....waiting to see if football Bogards the bandwith of any other channels that I pay for.....If it does.....Hello retention(1-800-824-9081), "Football", is at it again.

I dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere but why can't they just scrap CD USA for the day? I'm sure that the channel gets as much traffic as TNT does(note my sarcasm).

Brad

dfergie said:
Now that Nascar is over for Tnt lookes like it takes the hit for Sunday Ticket....
This information was discussed several weeks ago, It has been the plan to take down TNT all along and that was mentioned in these forums for weeks....
Outside of the Nascar 2 races, TNT will be the one taken down

fsds,
Your leaving D* over D* taking down TNT's programming for 14 weeks over the year..
You must really be enjoying the TNT Sunday programming repeats...

See ya in a year or so when you decide that D* really does have more worthwhile HD
later in '07. (Note, I said worthwhile, I really don't want 503 HD channels just to say I have them)

achildfromthe80s,
I have not checked, but I thought D* was taking down the CD HD and most PPV's to help out.

Jimbo

Yup and I didn't see that thread in a quick look this morning so I opened this one... and its his right to gripe about D* taking away a channel away from everyone so the ST folks can be happy. As for a year from now we'll see... (I'll still be here with D* patiently waiting but also enjoying my E*HD channels and soon to be re-activated BUD sub)

dfergie said:
I actually try to watch CD USA the one day a week it's in HD... (when I remember) I forgot to call D* to see what kind of hush money they would offer....

LOL, WHEN and if gas and oil prices go back up, after the election, you might remember to call D* to see what kind of hush money they will offer you:). Every penny saved....helps.

PeaceOfMind

dfergie said:
Yup and I didn't see that thread in a quick look this morning so I opened this one... and its his right to gripe about D* taking away a channel away from everyone so the ST folks can be happy. As for a year from now we'll see... (I'll still be here with D* patiently waiting but also enjoying my E*HD channels and soon to be re-activated BUD sub)
NP

Jimbo

They need to offer the HD package for free to everyone for the remainder of NFL season to compensate, since they have a bandwidth issue.

dfergie said:
Yeah, I give um hell but I've been a D* sub since 96 and will likely remain...waiting on them to get it together :)
Found the thread and merged... :)
Patience my friend, it will happen ....

As I am sure you've known for quite some time, it won't happen till the other 2 sats are up and operational.

Jimbo

One thing about D*... I have replaced one receiver, early gen RCA... thought lightning zapped, after being unplugged for a month I tried and it was alive... still have it and the replacement(deactivated for years) along with a deactivated Phillips and my favorite a Hughes D1? and my Sammy HD that I like and the H10 I tolerate... (no Mpeg4 here yet)

Neutron said:
They need to offer the HD package for free to everyone for the remainder of NFL season to compensate, since they have a bandwidth issue.

I thought they were doing something like that if not more, but only if you called in. I would assume those that don't call in; don't notice.

Jimbos said:
See ya in a year or so when you decide that D* really does have more worthwhile HD
later in '07. (Note, I said worthwhile, I really don't want 503 HD channels just to say I have them)

Personally, when I leave D* it will be because they think it's OK to treat their customer's like pawns in order to make some extra cash without even notifying them of the changes in service. It's the same reason I left cable those many years ago. Regardless of what channel they remove, the quality of the missing programming, or the length of time it's gone for D* is not providing the content that they advertise. All the HD package subscribers are paying for service 24/7, and that's not what they are providing. D* has shown that they only care about providing the sports customers with full service and they do so at the expense of the rest of their customer base. In a year they may be carrying every HD channel known to man, but they also will need to show that they are committed to all of their HD customers and not just a select few before I'd consider returning.

Do I like it, NO! BUT,

Every cable, network, affiliate and DBS company has language that says they have the rights to change programming and/or program packages with little or no notice; AND I challenge anyone (WITH ANY COMPANY) to show me otherwise; show me language that says we will always provide "X" 24/7, 365, uninterrupted or in "X-manner". Once again, do I like it, NO!

I truly understand, agree and support voting with your wallets; but you guys have to stop exaggerating facts trying to make points.

Last edited:
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Business as usual, Charper, I know your taking the high road here, I really think it's a whole bunch of whining. I mean good god guys, they have to do what is necessary to to air the ST HD channels, period. That is what they have built their following on and they will do what the deem is necessary. If anyone feels that they have just ruined your Sunday viewing with the turning off of HDNet or TNT, call them, let them know, if you must see what you can get out of them for their terrible wrong.

Do Not Call Retention. All you will be offered is $5.00 off the HD programming per month.

E-mail them from the D* website. You will get a reply stating that they will call within 48 hours. When they call voice your concerns again and you will get Showtime and the HD package for free for 6 months.

r.jones1116 said:
Do Not Call Retention. All you will be offered is $5.00 off the HD programming per month.

E-mail them from the D* website. You will get a reply stating that they will call within 48 hours. When they call voice your concerns again and you will get Showtime and the HD package for free for 6 months.

I got $10/month off for a year when I called retention.

r.jones1116 said:

I called retention in early August and received:

(2 year committment): AT-9/H-20, 6 X 8 multi-switch and two additional cable runs (free installation) with free upgrade to the NEW HDDVR (HR20-700 w/no shipping & handling), HD Locals, Total Choice Plus, HBO & Showtime, 4 months free HD package all for the same exact monthly cost as I am currently paying. No extra out of pocket expenses unless I opt for the HD package after 4 months ($9.99).

Since it didn't cost me even a penny to upgrade to HD with locals or increase my monthly bill with a free upgrade to the new HDDVR it was a "no brainer"
.:up

Last edited:
charper1, FlyingJ,
I am not going to do this, but, someone ought to keep track of all these people whining about missing a few hours of their HD service, they all claim to be leaving D* because of it, lets see if they keep thier word and leave ....
When Push comes to Shove, I would guess that maybe 1 out of 100 will actually leave, and thet 1 person was leaving for some reason other than the HD shut off for a few hours a year.

Hmmmm,
Lets see out of 8760 hours in the year, your gonna miss your turned off HD channel 128 hours of this time, I miss this much time of things I want to watch and can't find the time to watch in a years time ......

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NBA League Pass in HD

HR20 vs HR10 phone hookup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)