No vertical channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iammike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Roanoke,VA
I'm not able to get vertical channels tonight. I've been having intermittent problems with this for a while now. When I try to tune a vertical channel, my skew motor starts turning and doesn't stop. I'm suspicious of a loose wire at the dish, but there's a storm coming in right now so I can't go out and work on it. It's also a real PITA taking the cone off and doing the wiring on my cassegrain dish. I've checked the wiring at the receiver and it looks ok. I've also tried pulling the plug on my 922 and plugging it back in. Can anyone think of something else to try?

Thanks,
Mike

This is something you don't won't to do. But if, your polarotor is by chance gone bad, you can always go out to your dish and turn the feedhorn 90 degrees. If push comes to shove, that will work until you're able to fix the problem. Everytime you want to change polarity you would have to turn it back. Just an idea, so you don't have to miss something. But, it could be a lot of work. Let's hope you find a more simple solution.

Al

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered a new servo motor this morning. I should get it tomorrow. I figure even if its just a loose connection, it probably isn't a bad idea to have a spare on hand. Seems like the servo motor would be the most likely point of failure on a bud.

Mike

Thought I'd follow up with some FYI. I installed the new skew motor last night and everything is working fine again. The interesting thing I found was that my signal quality has bumped up a few points on several sats. I think the old motor was probably going bad for a while, and may not have always been changing the skew correctly. I see posts on here from time to time about signal quality variances. It's got me wondering if other folks might be having similar skew motor issues to mine.

NO doubt about it!

iammike said:
Thought I'd follow up with some FYI. I installed the new skew motor last night and everything is working fine again. The interesting thing I found was that my signal quality has bumped up a few points on several sats. I think the old motor was probably going bad for a while, and may not have always been changing the skew correctly. I see posts on here from time to time about signal quality variances. It's got me wondering if other folks might be having similar skew motor issues to mine.

When a skew motor goes bad (or is going bad) it does not always move the probe to the correct position...and eventually fails completely. I have had my setup for over 20 yrs and only replaced 2 skew motors...NOT BAD!!!
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)