Nutty Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain in New Orleans for the past two days, and more thunderstorms training through this morning.

I think Dee's weather system has found a new home, and has decided to stick around for awhile :( ...

Depending on how warm it is as we finish this week, we will have the warmest or the 2nd warmest March on record. We are looking at May like low to mid 80's all week, so I am guessing it will be a new record.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

25 degs now!wood stove back in action and near 50 for a high.warm weather pattern here in the NE has broken but will continue in the central part of the US for awhile yet.

84.5 degrees one day, shorts, sunburn, and now it is snowing!:eek: You would think it was the end of Summer and not the start of Spring. At least it is a slush, but shows white in parts of the grass. Cadillac, MI. got a real ground cover. The noon news showed downtown white! Pointed at 87, the BUD bottom is white. What next? Time for another>
coffee.gif

RT.

We are supposed to hit 90 here Sunday and the 30 day extended outlook is for above normal temps again. I had to turn the A/C on finally this week. I couldn't take all the tree pollen coming in with the windows open. I've actually already had to mow twice this month.

Here we are on April 10th and it is snowing again. Went out to fill the bird(squirrel)feeder and had snow flurries. About the only difference today is now we know the fruit growers in the State have massive crop losses because of that crazy March warm up. Just nutty weather!

RT.

I'm freaking out about Oklahoma now.

I saw on the news that some BAD stuff is predicted for Saturday..

My son, his wife and my unborn grandson are in Yukon and he works in Norman, she works in OKC. :eek:

They do not have a shelter yet. I've been on him for two years to get one. He always says it's hard to afford one.
Well tomorrow I'm going to call him and remind him that if he thinks it's hard to afford one now, wait and see how hard it is to afford things after the baby is born!

I hate this time of year....... :(

Hope your family in OK is safe, Dee. Tornadoes are nothing new there, so I'd imagine they have a plan in place.

The problem with tornadoes is that, unlike hurricanes, there is rarely much advance notice that one is coming...

Tornado hits Norman, Okla., causing minor injuries

The first batch came thru yesterday evening with a small tornado touching down on the south side of Norman near the OU campus and the National Weather Service center. One near Mustang, OK and another near Shawnee, OK were also spotted. Things have cleared out here in Tulsa now and we will see what builds up out to the west of OKC and moves in later this evening.

Our weathermen make these out to be the end of the world every time storms start brewing. 99% of the time it is just heavy rain and strong winds. We are expecting winds gusts up 70 mph today. The weathermen have been harping since Wed, that they will probably be on the air live during the evening Sat and Sun. Unless you want to spend hours in a storm shelter waiting for the storm systems to move out, you go about your life. There are tornado sirens, phone and tablet apps in addition to the aforementioned weathermen that go on and on, so there is some warning to the areas that are most likely to have some activity. Just like people in California are used to earthquake activity, people in OK and KS are used to tornado activity. It is nothing to ignore but just be smart and don't stand outside looking at the clouds spinning until you realize they're moving your way.

This is just new wording that they are using to get people to take things more seriously. The storms are not any worse than the other bad outbreaks that we had in the past. It isn't something that has not been seen before. Some may think that with the wording that it is some type of even like never seen before.

We've been normal for the last week,mid 40's to mid 60's but we are supposed to hit 89 mid week before dropping back to the 70's. The weather men are trying to avoid the questions about the predictions for the summer considering how warm we've been this winter and the extreme heat we hard last summer. The current 90 day forecast for us is above normal temps and normal precipitation. I'm still afraid we will have another scorcher this summer.

I assume it is the same for all locations, but if there is a mild winter and a warm spring, the BUGS go NUTS! It certainly is correct for my area this year. I cut my hair (gave myself a butch) and the gnats were so bad that I could feel dozens of them landing on my newly mown short hair. Drove me absolutely crazy! I poured nearly a half bottle of vanilla extract on myself to deter them. Fortunately, the wind came up as the day progressed and blew most of them away.

RADAR

They're saying the skeeters and tics will be ferocious around here. And I don't doubt it. Seen it before after a mild winter. But this last one has been the mildest that I recall.

One of the baseball stadium complexes here in Broken Arrow is next to the Arkansas River and the gnats were starting to get bad at my nephews games yesterday until the cold front pushed through and the north wind picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts