Official 922 Release Notice

Then you can buy one, full price. Monthly fees will be the same anyway.

I don't understand the reluctance for contracts. We invest in the equipment one way or another, and especially so if we have EHDs. It's not like we're going to change satcos and easily as we might change cell companies. Different equipment, dishes, etc.

Sorry, I'm not going to buy one at full price. Not gonna happen. As for me not wanting anymore contracts, I also have a cable sub. Without a contract, I can leave Dish any time I want without penalties to pay and still have cable for programming I desire.

The 700U is the Sling-branded TV Everywhere adapter. It has no network interface at all!

Here are the product specs:

Audio Transcoding
2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual band 802.11 a/g/n wireless support
2x2 MIMO internal wireless antenna
WEP, WPA/WPA2 (PSK) encryption for wireless security
RJ-45 10/100 Ethernet

Does that not mean it is Wi-Fi?

Can this receiver output to another tv via coax ? Right now have 722 in single mode Hdmi to 1 tv and the coax out powering 3 other tv sets.

So what is the tv2 coax output showing right now?

Do we know if and when tv 2 will be activated so it is like the 722?

no TV2 coax is probably a deal breaker for me. bummer, I was looking forward to this... amazing they would REMOVE a feature that sets them apart from the other guys...

Scott, Is there any indication as to how long this delay for AK/HI is going to be? Which sat/tp is the software on??

Thanks for the great review!

It has to be on 110 or 119 or 129 because I have the new version. Maybe it's on a conus transponder on 129.

Just ordered the 922 today to replace my 622. I was the CSR's first customer to order the 922 today so it took a little longer then normal to order. It's coming tomorrow afternoon cost me 200 for the receiver and 95 dollars for the installer to come to my house. No option to get the receiver shipped to me. My bill is increasing by about 10 bucks they said. Can't wait to try this baby out.

I just tried to order from Dish, they said that it would be $400, plus $95 for installation. I have been with them since 5/31/09, I have two 722K boxes, I have had AEP+Superstations+their monthly guide since I started. My bill is around $132 per month now, always charged to my American Express never any late payments or any thing. I guess I am not a "valued" customer. I sent an e-mail to CEO at Echostar. I have been getting letters from DirecTV where they will offer me the discount for a year, plus give me a $200 Visa gift card to cover my early termination fee. I may inform Dish of this.

Couple questions:
1) Does the 922 have a pass-through option for the native resolution. I would rather have my A/V receiver or TV handle the resolution conversion.
2) Assuming you buy the OTA ad-on module, how many shows can you record at one time? 2 satellite shows and 2 OTA shows simultaneously?

I just tried to order from Dish, they said that it would be $400, plus $95 for installation. I have been with them since 5/31/09, I have two 722K boxes, I have had AEP+Superstations+their monthly guide since I started. My bill is around $132 per month now, always charged to my American Express never any late payments or any thing. I guess I am not a "valued" customer. I sent an e-mail to CEO at Echostar. I have been getting letters from DirecTV where they will offer me the discount for a year, plus give me a $200 Visa gift card to cover my early termination fee. I may inform Dish of this.

My guess is that because you are with Dish less then a year, and that at least one of your current boxes are leased, so you'll have to wait a little while to save $200. Plus if you add the Dish Protection Plan, the installation will drop to $15. Add the Dish Protection Plan now, and wait until after 5/31 and you will likely save close to $300.00.

1) No native passthrough. :(

2) Yes 2 satellite and 2 OTA, its just like the 722k in this respect.
Thanks for the quick response. Good to hear that that Dish didn't take away the ability to record 4 shows at once, but no native pass-through. Ouch! I've been waiting for that for a few years now. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts