Ohio State vs Michigan

sidekick said:
This is showing my age, but ... I still remember the Woody Hayes vs. Bo Schembechler battles. Hayes was as nutty as Bobby Knight!!
Old, what do you mean by old ?
Those Hayes and Bo years were the best of years....

That is where the Ohio State vs Michigan rivalry really intensified...

jimbo

Jimbos said:
Win or lose, the Iowa game should be a real good game.
MSU always has a way of screwing up our season, simular to michigan.
I remember MSU beating us in OHIO under Cooper, when we were undefeated around game 8 or 9 that year.

Jimbo

That game still gives me chills!!

I've always felt from the start of the season that the Iowa game will be our toughest game. Something about Iowa city at night is just a little scary.
The MSU game would be tough, but it all depends on how they recover from the choke (not ND comeback IMO) against the Irish. Games like those tend to affect them more than other teams

Last edited:
scottc98 said:
That game still gives me chills!!

I've always felt from the start of the season that the Iowa game will be our toughest game. Something about Iowa city at night is just a little scary.
The MSU game would be tough, but it all depends on how they recover from the choke (not ND comeback IMO) against the Irish. Games like those tend to affect them more than other teams
MSU should recover nicely, they play Illinois next , before the michigan game in two weeks.
I really like both Drew Tate for Iowa and Stanton from MSU, both them make me nervous.... Iowa always has a tough defense as well.
In the beginning of the season we all looked at the schedule and hoped the Bucks could get out of September still undefeated, it's still a possiblilty .... then there will be a huge sigh and releif and they will go out and lose to Bowling Green :(

This has been a tough month with Texas, PSU and Iowa.

Jimbo

Ah the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry. I love it. Of course, I am a Michigan fan (Class of '88), but I respect the Buckeyes bigtime. I even (gasp!) rooted for them to win the National Championship over Miami a few years ago and that is saying alot.

In a perfect world, both teams would come into that weekend undefeated and ranked #1 and #2. However, the Big Ten is not easy. Michigan has to travel to Penn State (and they remember how Michigan gave them their only loss last year) as well as playing our arch-rivals from Michigan State and a very good Iowa team. OSU has to get by both of these teams too.

College footbal rocks.

BO & Woody- ah the daysof three yards and a cloud of dust. Thank god that era has passed. Nothing like watching two teams whose philosophies about passing the football were the same. "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Proc, I rooted for OSU also, but if you repeat that to anyone I know, I'll deny it

Paul Wozniak said:
." Proc, I rooted for OSU also, but if you repeat that to anyone I know, I'll deny it
Thats just because we all got sick of Miami's arrogance ....
Also, a lot of people will root for the BIG TEN teams to win when in a bowl game regardless, which I think is a classy thing to do..

Jimbo

I gotta say it's looking like OSU-UM are not only 1 and 2 in the Big Ten, but also 1 and 2 in the nation. Both teams are solid on offensive and defense, and both teams appear to have chemistry and character.

We could be in for a rare treat come November 18th.

Riffjim, apparently the pundits at ESPN agree with you. That's usually the kiss of death. Both teams were very impressive this weekend. Jimbos, you guys lost nine defensive starters , how can your defense be so good?

Joedekock, what is Stanton's probabilty of playing this weekend? We would rather beat up on a full strength team, then hearing about how it would have been different if everybody was healthy. Not to mention it would make for a better game. Blowouts are so boring.

Paul Wozniak said:
Joedekock, what is Stanton's probabilty of playing this weekend? We would rather beat up on a full strength team, then hearing about how it would have been different if everybody was healthy. Not to mention it would make for a better game. Blowouts are so boring.

I have not heard anything yet. I honestly did not know that he was out due to injury. My seats are on the visitor side of the field, so I could not see him holding his ribs when he got to the sideline.

I suspect if we have not heard anything yet about him being seriously hurt, that he will play. He is a senior, and has never beaten Michigan, so it is his last opportunity.

Paul Wozniak said:
Riffjim, apparently the pundits at ESPN agree with you. That's usually the kiss of death. Both teams were very impressive this weekend. Jimbos, you guys lost nine defensive starters , how can your defense be so good?
Just think, all but TWO will be back next year, when they know what they are doing !
Most are freshmen and southmores...

Several of the studs have played quite abit helping out last years team when breathers are needed.
Tressel has been getting everyone in the games this year as well, so the other youngster are getting valueable playing time as well.
He rotated Offensive lines against Texas, I was unaware of that till listening to his weekly show on the radio.

Jimbo

Last edited:
So next year how many starters are you losing on offense? Not that it will make much of a difference with that defense. I'm a firm believer in defense. It's the biggest difference for the Blue this year. I'll be glad to see Troy Smith gone. That guy has been a one man wrecking crew against us.

Paul Wozniak said:
So next year how many starters are you losing on offense? Not that it will make much of a difference with that defense. I'm a firm believer in defense. It's the biggest difference for the Blue this year. I'll be glad to see Troy Smith gone. That guy has been a one man wrecking crew against us.
Troy was red shirted his freshman year so he WILL be back next year !!!

Paul Wozniak said:
After looking thru the roster, it looks like we will loose Datish our center and thats about it as far as starters go, we lose several sr's that are slated for the offense , but I have not seen them play much.
I also looked to see about Pittman and he's a Jr.
Of course a lot could change with the Jr's being elidgable, like Ted Ginn could be gone, he's a Jr as well. But our strong point will be the up and coming Defense and our running backs are all young guy's, perticulaly watch the Freshman Chris Wells he reminds me a lot of Eddie George, he just needs some more playing time, to get comfortable, but with Pittman there he will be used sparingly.

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak said:
Sorry JIMBOS, Troy WILL not be back. The NFL is calling his number, and its a top five draft number. I personnaly will not miss him at all.
Actually Paul,
He's a senior, I just wanted to give you some pain for a day or so....

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)