Openbox s11

Status
Please reply by conversation.
but why do that? Just shoot out a new model with the same issues but change one feature on it and call it a new model

Its like new car models, except should we be looking for the S12 ;)

I just seen this on the net.
Openbox S11 Digital Satellite Receiver_Shenzhen Yojia Technology Co., Ltd.

It's a new version that supposedly does 16psk demodulation. It still doesn't do 4:2:2 but I think it said something about manual channel entry. I need a new receiver my s9 is growing old lol.
.........and I just took delivery of my "New model OpenBox S-10" with signal lock Indicator (Green), standby indicator (Red) and the newest turner just a couple of days ago!:eek:

If the size trend holds it's probably the size of a package of cigarettes too. ;-) Darn. I knew I should have waited to buy my S10. Now I won't have 16psk, for whatever real good that would do me.

There used to be a computer commercial in the 90's, I do not remember the brand though.
A guy was riding home in his car, a convertible with the top down and sitting on the front seat next to him was his brand new computer still sealed in its box, he had just bought it and was taking it home. He was all happy and had one arm on the box like it was his girlfriend as he drove and he had a great big shiny smile going on. On the box was printed "T4 Computer!". He stops at a traffic light and looks over to watch a man putting up a huge billboard. The sign was for the "T4 Computer" just like the one he just bought. He was beaming. Then the worker slaps up a sticker on the sign to cover over the "T4" to read "T5"..
His face fell down to the floor boards and he drove home in shock and tears. Poor guy, his brand new PC was obsolete and he hadn't even gotten it home yet.

I wish I could find that ad on Youtube but I don't remember the exact details to search for it.

But that is soooo true now days. These fools crank out junk so fast that it's impossible to keep up with it and it's just to make a precious profit.
I had that happen with my Vizio TV. I got it in 2009 and it was obsoleted before the year was over. :mad:

I don't try too hard to keep up with trends. If I wait long enough I can get a better deal. I see used iPhone 4's are going for $225 now. That's a bit better than the $700 they were going for (used market) 6 months ago..

:)

I'm just glad to finally have a functional S10 since putting in the August 30 Firmware posted here on Satguys. Now, I can recommend this box as a good one for similar setups, and will use the same model for others to whom I lend any degree of support. Nice to finally have front turning off and on with remote, working clock, and newer menus. Very painless fix.

Dee, your post reminds me more about the newer commercial, can't think what the product was even about, but it shows the guy having the "NEW 3D" TV delivered, and the sign on the side of the truck maybe(?) said something about the NEW 4D TV coming soon.

Then it shows a young girl running around in circles on the front yard singing something like "Dummy bought the wrong TV ... Dummy bought the wrong TV."

I just bought two Kindle 3 eReaders a few weeks ago, and this past week they came out with the newer Touch Kindle for less money, and both Phottoette and I have been having fun with the words from that commercial ... "Dummy bought the wrong Kindle ... Dummy bought the wrong Kindle."

But I LOVE my Kindle and am happy with it.

Photto

You're thinking of the Best Buy commercials. Its the ones where they'll pay you to take back you're "old" equipment when you upgrade to something "new"

Phottoman said:
Dee, your post reminds me more about the newer commercial, can't think what the product was even about, but it shows the guy having the "NEW 3D" TV delivered, and the sign on the side of the truck maybe(?) said something about the NEW 4D TV coming soon.

Then it shows a young girl running around in circles on the front yard singing something like "Dummy bought the wrong TV ... Dummy bought the wrong TV."

I just bought two Kindle 3 eReaders a few weeks ago, and this past week they came out with the newer Touch Kindle for less money, and both Phottoette and I have been having fun with the words from that commercial ... "Dummy bought the wrong Kindle ... Dummy bought the wrong Kindle."

But I LOVE my Kindle and am happy with it.

Photto

Ouch!

The wife & I have the v3 and love 'em, we have the cases with reading lights

Status
Please reply by conversation.