Edision OS mio 4k - motor setup for blind scan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Psikic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 8, 2014
Conway, AR
I'm loving this new receiver, thanks Titanium!

Here is my question. This is on the Satdreamgr North American image. When I go to the blind scan screen, and then select a satellite -- how do I instruct the receiver to move the rotor to that position before I choose the green button - start scan? If I start the scan but the rotor is not there, the scan proceeds before the satellite is in position, missing much of the spectrum. I assumed the rotor would move to that position as I selected the satellite on this screen, but this doesn't seem to be the case.
screenshot_20190423162636.jpg

Here is my motor setup. This is a STAB HH90. Between the motor and my universal Ku LNB is a DiSEqC switch with just one input for now. Does anything look off?

screenshot_20190423163048.jpg

screenshot_20190423163232.jpg

:biggrin

Your set-up looks correct for the signal path. Once the satellite has been Blind Scanned and transponders logged the first time, the motor will automatically move to the selected satellite for future scans.

To prevent the motor from dancing around as you navigate through the satellites, press the PVR button to display a list of satellites. Navigate down the list then press OK to select and move to the highlighted satellite.

If you know the Horizontal and Vertical movement speed and step size, enter them now. If you find that the motor movement indicator times out early or late, change the degrees per second to match the approximate run time. For Example: The resolution on my test bench C-band dish is approximately 1/10 of a degree per count. The Horizontal and Vertical speed is approximately .8 degrees per second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts