Osmio 4K Clock Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi all, my Osmio 4K clock keeps going back to Jan 1, 1970. Does this receiver have an internal battery that needs to be replaced? I use NTP to set the correct time but it keeps reverting to 1970. (I was a freshman in high school on Jan 1, 1970....brings back memories...but that's another story.) Anyone else seeing this?

Regards,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

Hi all, my Osmio 4K clock keeps going back to Jan 1, 1970. Does this receiver have an internal battery that needs to be replaced? I use NTP to set the correct time but it keeps reverting to 1970. (I was a freshman in high school on Jan 1, 1970....brings back memories...but that's another story.) Anyone else seeing this?

Regards,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.
That's a bug in TNAP 3.2. Load the newest 4.0, and you won't happen anymore.

Or, you can try changing the NTP server to: time.google.com

That worked for me.

Where can I download the current firmware? I'm running 3.0 right now....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using the SatelliteGuys app!

They are always posted at LegitFta. That's the home of the creator, El Bandido.

Regards,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.
If you would rather use Transponder time I see a few on 103w ku band with the correct time or if using an hauppauge atsc tuner most over the air channels have the correct time.
12079 H 29290 103w
12145 V 20000 103w
You would need to set a channel as startup service.
While on channel selection screen move to the channel and press menu 2nd item down Set as startup service.
If you do that you can uninstall the system time plugin.
I use transponder time myself and works good. I'm not always connected to the internet because my internet is a mobile broadband hotspot.

That's a bug in TNAP 3.2. Load the newest 4.0, and you won't happen anymore.

Or, you can try changing the NTP server to: time.google.com

That worked for me.
"time.google.com" isn't working for me. I may have to upgrade TNAP 4.0 to see if it fixes it.

Last edited:
"time.google.com" isn't working for me. I may have to upgrade TNAP 4.0 to see if it fixes it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using the SatelliteGuys app!
I also set: "Sync NTP every" = 5 minutes, "NTP cold start" = ON, and "Use RTC time from deep standby" = ON

Mine is also hard-wired ethernet directly to my router. Perhaps you should also check in your router admin settings, to make sure your routers time is also set correctly.

I also set: "Sync NTP every" = 5 minutes, "NTP cold start" = ON, and "Use RTC time from deep standby" = ON

Mine is also hard-wired ethernet directly to my router. Perhaps you should also check in your router admin settings, to make sure your routers time is also set correctly.
So far so good 36+ hours after upgrading to TNAP 4.0 and using your suggested settings.

It seems the TNAP 4.0 "Time Fix" somehow migrated to other Images. No more time error issues on OpenViX too.

I have the latest TNAP4 and I'm having time sync problems again. Right now I'm trying north-america.pool.ntp.org (which is what my routers are using and they are perfectly synced).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)