OTA adapter on the Edision OS MIO 4K

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Received the Hauppauge 950q OTA dongle today. Installed drivers as indicated. Did auto scan. Tuner lights are on, but no channels are found.

Currently running the OpenVIX image.

Nevermind, switched to OpenPLi and it works great. Must be a VIX image issue :)

B04F97B2-3F7C-4350-BDB2-800F2C1A4FCB.jpeg

Reactions: c-spand and k.r.
NA image found all available OTA channels in my area (56 total)

And yes, KCTV and KCMO are obsessive about their bitrates, and they limit their subchannels. Very nice PQ :)

D18C43B2-81BC-407C-B472-48359BD8B41C.jpeg

I have the 955Q and it works well and I get around 150 channels on the Vix Image
I do Manual scan on my boxes.

Attachments

• ScreenGrabber.jpg
    ScreenGrabber.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: raydio
Received the Hauppauge 950q OTA dongle today. Installed drivers as indicated. Did auto scan. Tuner lights are on, but no channels are found.

Currently running the OpenVIX image.

I see this driver (through Webif "settings" screen) in SatDreamGr, maybe you can load it on your OpenVix image?

enigma2-plugin-drivers-atsc-usb-hauppauge-950q (1.0-r0)
USB ATSC driver for Hauppauge 950Q WinTV-HVR Tuner

Using openvix. Menu/setup/tuner config/Miscellaneous
Turn off "no" all 3 ignore DVB-S,DVB-C and DVB-T namespace subnetwork.Then green button to save and exit out back to tv.
Open channel selection list and press green button "Satellites" Delete or remove the Terrestrial Services with menu button.
Rescan the ATSC channels again with Manual scan,scan type complete.
After scan go to Terrestrial-Services they will still show no rhyme or reason. Now reboot the mio4k and go back to Terrestial services and if they are in order go back and Turn on"yes" all 3 ignore dvb-s,c and t.
They should stay in order after that.
You can do same with other images but the ignore dvb is in different location than Openvix.

Can anyone recommend a good source for the Hauppauge ATSC sticks? Is there a difference between the 950Q vs 955Q?
They use differnet drivers so they are different. 955q works really good on openvix but is a little slugish on other images but it's not bad. 950q tunes fast but epg info is slower to populate over the 955q. The Xbox One Hauppauge tuner is the same as 955Q and about $20.00 less in price.
Ebay is where mine came from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts