Personal Computer Game News

That is actually cool but emphasizing the 4K part is dumb since basically every PC game released in the last few years supports 4K. I'd like to see Microsoft release all of their exclusives on PC but that would really make me regret buying my Xbox One.

I'd be sold if they included the Horde mode. I haven't seen ANY mention of that, and last night I played the Beta with Team Deathmatch and I was VERY quickly reminded why I don't have many fond memories of playing TDM on GoW.

I'd be sold if they included the Horde mode. I haven't seen ANY mention of that, and last night I played the Beta with Team Deathmatch and I was VERY quickly reminded why I don't have many fond memories of playing TDM on GoW.

I still need to check the beta out. Maybe I'll get to it tonight.

Funny you mention that..

If you think about it Microsoft would probably love it if they could somehow turn their Xbox PC store into something like Steam and get their licensing fees from publishers there instead of on Xbox. It has been well publicized that console makers don't really make any money on the hardware. They make their money when they take their cut of every single game sold on their system.

If they could shift their Xbox gamers into Windows gamers who buy their games from the Windows 10 Xbox app they could still take their cut of every sale without the millions of dollars in R&D and manufacturing costs they are currently spending.

The obvious problem is Steam. On Xbox they get all the licensing fees from everyone. On PC Steam is the one taking the store cut for most third party games. Microsoft could make all their published games exclusive to their own storefront but unless they can get PC gamers to buy other developers' games there they wouldn't be able to make nearly as much money as they do on Xbox.

For some reason Fallout 4 on PC will run at 30 FPS, or at least until Modders get a hold of it..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-will-run-1080p-30fps-on-ps4-xbox-one-pc/1100-6428362/

Edit: Nevermind, PCGMR still intact..

Yeah, I knew there was no way this would be true. There would be no reason to cap the framerate at 30 and PC games haven't been limited to 1080p for years.

I think the point of his comment was that the game will be equal on both consoles since that seems to be something fanboys love arguing about. By saying it's 1080p/30 on both ahead of time it completely shuts down that debate. He just didn't choose his words very carefully and PC got lumped in with his statement.

I was originally going to post this in the Arkham Knight thread but since it only affects PC users I thought it made more sense here.

Rocksteady added a note to their store page. It looks like Arkham Knight is not running well on AMD cards. In addition to the warning for AMD users they have updated their system requirements. They changed the minimum AMD card to the 7950 which is a better card than the Nvidia minimum 660. They don't even have an AMD card listed under the recommended specs anymore.

They say they are working with AMD to get out an updated GPU driver that will fix this problem.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/207511695916345923

I really liked my AMD GPU for the most part. They really do provide good mid-range hardware for less money. The thing I'm noticing since switching to Nvidia is that they blow AMD away when it comes to driver support. They have a "game ready" driver available for optimization and SLI support a couple days before every major release while AMD is often a few weeks after release with their optimization and crossfire support. It seems like the vast majority of games tend to be optimized for Nvidia hardware over AMD too. Lots of games use Nvidia Physx which can't even run on AMD GPUs.

I'd like to see AMD do well if for no other reason than to keep Nvidia from completely controlling the market. Without AMD around they would have no reason to push their hardware ahead and keep pricing reasonable. That being said, I don't see myself going back to AMD products unless things change drastically. Nvidia just makes better hardware and they support it better with their software.

On the other hand it's hard not to blame the developers for this kind of thing. Just because they signed a marketing deal with Nvidia doesn't mean they don't have to build their game for AMD users too. Yes, AMD needs to be faster with game drivers but developers need to make sure their games work with AMD cards too.

Edit: It looks like AMD was able to quickly pump out an updated driver for Arkham Knight. That's good to hear for AMD owners.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/207511695917042396

Last edited:
TF2 is getting a big update. Some are worried though that it's mainly just a watered down Counter Strike

http://steamed.kotaku.com/team-fortress-2-is-becoming-more-like-counter-strike-1715467393

It sounds like this will include some balancing tweaks but the part that is similar to Counter Strike is the cosmetic weapon skins. These have zero impact on gameplay so I don't see any reason to get upset over this system.

I have been playing CS:GO quite a bit recently while I wait for an Arkham Knight fix since I got it in the Steam Summer sale. Even though these skins are for strictly cosmetic purposes people go crazy for them. Many people have at least one for each gun and knife in the game. A quick look at the community market shows several of the more rare skins selling for as much as $400.

The skins system randomly drops locked cases or a gun skin to some players after you finish a round. If you get a locked case you have to buy a key from valve for $2.49 to unlock it. From my limited experience with the game, cases seem to be much more common than skins. Before you choose to unlock the case there will be a list of 30 or so skins that could possibly be inside and they are color coded by rarity.

It's kind of like the lottery. For your $2.49 key you'll probably get a skin you could have bought for $0.04 on the community market but there is the chance for some rare skin selling for $80 or even $400 on the market. Steam has to be making a killing off this stuff. There is no actual value to any of it and they get a cut of everything.

I have about 14 hours into the game now and I have 3 skins. Two of them were dropped as I leveled and I ended up buying one key to see what the case system was all about. Each of my 3 skins are selling for less than $0.10 on the community market and they are all for guns I rarely use. I doubt I'll be spending any more money to open my case drops but I will equip the skins I get for free.

Anything I get that can be sold for more than a couple dollars will be gone without hesitation. I would love to be able to sell a random cosmetic drop for a few full priced games.

I suppose this confirms that Borderlands 3 (or whatever they're going to call it) is on the way

It looks like another PC game has had a launch so dreadful that the publisher pulled it from sale. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn was released for the MAC and subsequently pulled from sales after it's performance was so bad, stemming from A: The Developers making final tweaks that changed the system requirements that weren't properly conveyed to the publisher, and B: Some users getting an unfinished build of the game. To their credit Square Enix is offering refunds to anyone that wants them and posted a LENGTHY message on their forum explaining the situation in rather extensive detail.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ur-plans-for-the-future?p=3101723#post3101723

I'd say this is a far cry from what WB has done, where it has taken absolutely NO responsibility for releasing that Guano PC Port of Arkham Knight, which in 2 days will mark 2 weeks since it pulled the game off the market.

Super Nintendo Classic - Avail Sept 29

GameStop is bringing back game rentals (Seriously)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts