picked up random transponder trying to scan in galaxy 19 c band anyone know what it is or what satellite it belongs to

4191 ATL HDENC18 is the transponder picture that comes in is image amyone know what its for or what satellite its on im kinda interested so i know how far off my dish is
What is the actual frequency - polarity - symbol rate for that channel?
Galaxy 19 at 97W has "CBS Sports Network Feeds" at:

4190 H
DVB-S2
8PSK
15000-5/6

Reactions: FTA4PA
I looked at the posted image of colour bars for the last several days as I experimented with my small dish on C-band. It was on 89W at 4193 H 2615. It's a very strong transponder...as high as 12 dB at its peak on my small dish. It's so strong I could also receive it on 91W with my wide beamwidth dish.

See attached and Lyngsat.

Attachments

• 89.1W_C-band_1ch_1tp_03-16-2024_10-04-41.txt
    730 bytes · Views: 38
I looked at the posted image of colour bars for the last several days as I experimented with my small dish on C-band. It was on 89W at 4193 H 2615. It's a very strong transponder...as high as 12 dB at its peak on my small dish. It's so strong I could also receive it on 91W with my wide beamwidth dish.

I believe it was you who saw that same feed on 89 some time ago, so yes- I think he's found 89 :)

So what satellite am I actually on it comes in at 85% signal quality and is there ever anything playing on it and mine is different than how yours is coming in mine is a vertical frequency 4191 4525 I believe I also got 4088 which scans in as NCAA Final four

So what satellite am I actually on it comes in at 85% signal quality and is there ever anything playing on it and mine is different than how yours is coming in mine is a vertical frequency 4191 4525 I believe I also got 4088 which scans in as NCAA Final four
I believe you are receiving 89W Galaxy 36. Some people have reported feeds on it. But there are no continuous signals perhaps with the exception of the one you found. 4193 MHz is definitely horizontal polarity. So you need to sort out that issue.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Kind of a bummer because he has a polar mount. We spoke today and there was a conversation a week or so back.
The pole is not plumb in the ground. And so far he's moved the dish more like an az/el would be. So yeah. The dish has been spun on the pole and the elevation has been changed. There a lot of loose ends to take care of.
He has an old Houston Tracker labeled actuator with a screw on motor that looks plastic. Never seen one of those.
Hope the talk went well. Needs to get that receiver and a monitor outside on a table to zero in the sat he really wants to park on.

Kind of a bummer because he has a polar mount. We spoke today and there was a conversation a week or so back.
The pole is not plumb in the ground. And so far he's moved the dish more like an az/el would be. So yeah. The dish has been spun on the pole and the elevation has been changed. There a lot of loose ends to take care of.
He has an old Houston Tracker labeled actuator with a screw on motor that looks plastic. Never seen one of those.
Hope the talk went well. Needs to get that receiver and a monitor outside on a table to zero in the sat he really wants to park on.
I put the receiver and monitor outside and I am working on getting the one tuned in that I want

Reactions: arlo and FTA4PA

What size & kind of dish are you using?