Pistons / Celtics

You just hit the nail on the head as to why America will tune out if the Spurs and Pistons come back and win their respective series.

I think its ironic that as NBA athletes became better the sport has suffered.

Players run faster, jump higher, and basically cover more of the court now than in the past.

Jordan made the isolation the standard which bored the game down. NBA went to a zone to prevent the iso, and now its just boring to watch.

I loved the run and shoot of the 80's.

The Pistons have to stop their 'look bad, keep bouncing back' mentality.

IMO, they can't keep up this wild inconsistency. They are living on the edge, and are over-reliant on home court.

It's intriguing that while we are four combined wins from Lakers/Celtics,

we are also so horribly course to a Spurs/Pistons rematch, also four wins away.

Maybe the NBA Finals will possibly be 'Where boring happens.'

I was too busy watching my Redwings smack around Pittsburgh for another game. :)

Boston's gotta get with it.. Last quarter was sloppy last game, apparently 3rd quarter was pretty sloppy this game.

IMO, they can't keep up this wild inconsistency. They are living on the edge, and are over-reliant on home court.

It's intriguing that while we are four combined wins from Lakers/Celtics,

we are also so horribly course to a Spurs/Pistons rematch, also four wins away.

Maybe the NBA Finals will possibly be 'Where boring happens.'
Make a Spurs/Pistons rematch five wins away...3 for SA and 2 for DET. Personally, I am hoping for a Pistons/Lakers rematch. As far as Detroit, I just hope they have a strong showing in Game 5.

'

You haven't been paying attention then:
The Pistons have played this way in the playoffs for several years.
They really don't buckle down and play , until they HAVE to, they seem to do it very well of late, that said, it's frustrating for the fans, and probably the coach and players too.

So far this is playing out exactly as I said it would.

If you said the Celts would win in 5, then you are correct sir!

(BTW if you said Kendrick Perkins would play out of his mind in game 6, I want you to start picking futures for me :D)

Too bad Rip Hamilton didnt have a few more pounds on him, cuz I think I hear him starting to sing, and you know what they say when the fat lady sings....its ova baby.

Last edited:
That was a great game. Probably one of the best of the playoffs I have seen.

Great game indeed!! The Pistons can tie it up in DEETROIT.. but then going back to Boston I'm not sure if they can take it... I'm worried about Hamilton, and Billups is still not 100% but effective. Sheed may be gone in game 6 or 7.... to me, very fun bball to watch.

I'm hoping that Kendrick Perkins outstanding game 5 performance gives him the confidence to become a regular strong contributor to the Celtics team. It was exciting to watch him play with confidence and exuberance for the first three quarters The Celtics need more balance so that a bad performance from one or more of their "big three" is not as devastating.

Great game indeed!! The Pistons can tie it up in DEETROIT.. but then going back to Boston I'm not sure if they can take it... I'm worried about Hamilton, and Billups is still not 100% but effective. Sheed may be gone in game 6 or 7.... to me, very fun bball to watch.
worried about Hamilton? WHY? Did he hurt himself flopping?

If the Pistons lose this series, do you think I could call them basketball's version of the Atlanta Braves?

Both have similarites: great teams over a stretch of time, but only one title.

If the Pistons lose this series, do you think I could call them basketball's version of the Atlanta Braves?

Both have similarites: great teams over a stretch of time, but only one title.

You hit that one right on the head there, Sabre.
I'm hoping the rebounding returns tonight. Perkins, single-handedly took the Pistons to school, on the boards in game 5. With both Billups and Hamilton at less than 100%, the Pistons will need a huge contribution from the bench, tonight. Will somebody please find some duct tape for 'Sheed's mouth!
I said at the beginning- Pistons in 7, and I still stand by that.

The Celtics are going to the NBA Finals!

The impossible dream has come true!

No Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan.

It's time for the REAL Big Three of basketball:

wallpaper_garnett_pierce_allen_think_big1600.jpg

The NBA Finals: Where Greatness Happens.

Last edited:
My thoughts on Game 6:

The officiating was less than adequate. It seems fitting that the Celtics overcame some ticky-tacky calls to win.

Regardless of the result, I have to give it up for Billups and Rip Hamilton. They were the only Pistons who seemed to want it tonight.

The way Rasheed played tonight, he would have been better off getting that seventh technical.

The Detroit Pistons are officially the Atlanta Braves of basketball.

I don't usually complain about the officials because it usually evens out in the end. However, that call against Pierce when he hit the three , AND HE WAS FOULED, was one of the worst calls I've seen in my life (considering what was at stake). Detroit hit the two free throws on that play , and Pierce should of been at the line to attempt a 4 point play. That's a 6 point swing folks!!!

One thing about Detroit, I think it's a bit premature to say the window is closing on them. They have two very impressive youngsters in Stuckey and Maxiell to go with Billups, Hamilton, Prince, etc.

I don't usually complain about the officials because it usually evens out in the end. However, that call against Pierce when he hit the three , AND HE WAS FOULED, was one of the worst calls I've seen in my life (considering what was at stake).

Thank god the Celtics prevailed in spite of that.

I assume you're ecstatic.

Feel free to post in my NBA Finals thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts