Poll: Do You Supplement Your Voom Service?

Tvlman said:
The only reason I have DirecTV is because of Tivo and Sunday Ticket.

This is pretty close to my situation, too. I haven't looked into options yet but is it feasible / possible to put DirecTV to sleep and only reactivate it during the NFL season to get Sunday Ticket?

CDH said:
Va Va Voom and OTA (all channels in my DMA are available OTA digital)

CDH.

Me too. I had Adelphia cable but was able to dump them when HGTV came to VOOM. Weather issues have returned since the 24" dish. Darn, I thought I was home free :(

I voted "other". When I get VOOM back, I plan to keep cable for a month (hopefully, not longer) just for my locals, until my VOOM OTA is right. Gotta have my local nightly news, and there are several network programs in HD that I like :) (although cable only provides one of those networks to me in HD) :mad: . As soon as VOOM gets my locals right, and I feel sure they will...I'll be out that cable door faster than you can say...well, anything! :D If I had the option of low-cost cable for the locals, I might consider hanging on to them for emergencies, but $47 is MINIMUM charge! Bye, bye, Cable!! !protest :wave Vicki

at least until the dvr comes out, and I am sure that voom is in for the long run, which I am not sure of yet; also they need to improve childrens programming, noggin, pbs kids.

I also voted "Other", since I have voom, D*, & cable (for the locals in HD). I get 0 locals OTA--behind a big hill.

Voom's my only service provider, though (for now still) I can also pull in a few analog OTA channels.

I don't supplement my Voom service, I supplement my Dish HD Pack with Voom, since the majority of my HD viewing is from Dish & OTA. If Voom ever delivers better PQ and more current movies, that would change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)