Poll: Do You Supplement Your Voom Service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tvlman said:
The only reason I have DirecTV is because of Tivo and Sunday Ticket.

This is pretty close to my situation, too. I haven't looked into options yet but is it feasible / possible to put DirecTV to sleep and only reactivate it during the NFL season to get Sunday Ticket?

CDH said:
Va Va Voom and OTA (all channels in my DMA are available OTA digital)

CDH.

Me too. I had Adelphia cable but was able to dump them when HGTV came to VOOM. Weather issues have returned since the 24" dish. Darn, I thought I was home free :(

I voted "other". When I get VOOM back, I plan to keep cable for a month (hopefully, not longer) just for my locals, until my VOOM OTA is right. Gotta have my local nightly news, and there are several network programs in HD that I like :) (although cable only provides one of those networks to me in HD) :mad: . As soon as VOOM gets my locals right, and I feel sure they will...I'll be out that cable door faster than you can say...well, anything! :D If I had the option of low-cost cable for the locals, I might consider hanging on to them for emergencies, but $47 is MINIMUM charge! Bye, bye, Cable!! !protest :wave Vicki

at least until the dvr comes out, and I am sure that voom is in for the long run, which I am not sure of yet; also they need to improve childrens programming, noggin, pbs kids.

I also voted "Other", since I have voom, D*, & cable (for the locals in HD). I get 0 locals OTA--behind a big hill.

Voom's my only service provider, though (for now still) I can also pull in a few analog OTA channels.

I don't supplement my Voom service, I supplement my Dish HD Pack with Voom, since the majority of my HD viewing is from Dish & OTA. If Voom ever delivers better PQ and more current movies, that would change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)