Primestar 84E/BSC621-2 LNBF Experiment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WhatsIT?

Nope.......... Just broke the edge off with a plier.

The ring is made of what I call "fake metal" or composite metal.

Very easy to break chunks off, But beware use safety goggles.

DREAMFOX, you are Too cool!

I am starting a new project called Dreamfox Dish!

In attached Picture What is this strap for?

Have you thought about a second C-Band LNBF for Circular? Kinda balance things out and put it on the other side.

Where did you buy the Panorama? Dish?

Attachments

• What'sIt.JPG
    What'sIt.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 260
Will be adding a universal lnb to the other side.

The strap which is actually a bent pipe hanger bracket is whats holds the C-Band LNBF from moving.

I bought the Panorama on ebay about 1 year ago to replace an earlier lnbf.

Ebay still sells the Panorama for $12.49.

Yuri LNBF

Look at what I found on Ebay.

New Toy.

Attachments

• yuri2.jpg
    yuri2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 298
  • yuri3.jpg
    yuri3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 298
  • yuri1.jpg
    yuri1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 281
Love all of the experiments going on here :)

Satcom1, that is some great mod work you've done on that dish. Keep it up. You may want to try 107.3, some of the canadian muxes can be strong at times. Most of the stuff west of 121 is really weak. G13 might pick up BBCworld, but weak for me at times.

Encourage to BS any sat out there.....you never know :)

Dreanfox approach

Love all of the experiments going on here :)

Satcom1, that is some great mod work you've done on that dish. Keep it up. You may want to try 107.3, some of the canadian muxes can be strong at times. Most of the stuff west of 121 is really weak. G13 might pick up BBCworld, but weak for me at times.

Encourage to BS any sat out there.....you never know :)

Thanks, Scott.

Made up a new side mount scalar ring for P*1M/E.

Expected my new LNBF from Sadoun today but no such luck.

Will try Ebay Panorama next.

Will be adding a universal lnb to the other side.

The strap which is actually a bent pipe hanger bracket is whats holds the C-Band LNBF from moving.

I bought the Panorama on ebay about 1 year ago to replace an earlier lnbf.

Ebay still sells the Panorama for $12.49.

DREAMFOX,

With the Panorama LNBF offset do you use a second position with your SG 2100 to peak the c-band signal.

I just bought the Panorama c-band lnbf from MXMart .

Work Resumes

Now you can see the modified scalar ring attached to the stock P* dish arm. I modified it with my belt sander and a coping saw. You can see the stainless steel hardware that I added. The three ¼” SS screws were added to the 64 mm throat to better secure the LNBF. With only one screw the LNBF could wobble in the throat. ¾” aluminum angle was used to fabricate the joinery to the P* bracket through the existing metric screw threaded hole. A 6-32 machine screw just fits through that hole and a split ring lockwasher and hex nut secure it.

While I’m waiting for the Panorama C-Band LNBF, testing of the BSC631-2 will resume. If they don’t work well together, then why not use them separately? A backplate of aluminum will be placed over the end where the KU LNBF was removed.

Attachments

• 824083.jpg
    824083.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 229
  • PIC00001.jpg
    PIC00001.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 215
  • PIC00002.jpg
    PIC00002.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 824082.jpg
    824082.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 210
  • PIC00008.JPG
    PIC00008.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 824081.jpg
    824081.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 239
  • PIC00011.jpg
    PIC00011.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 240
  • PIC00010.jpg
    PIC00010.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 212
  • PIC00009.jpg
    PIC00009.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 824088.jpg
    824088.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 223
  • 824089.jpg
    824089.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, you did a very nice looking modification. When it's attached, it looks store bought. Have you got a picture of the BSC631-2 with it in the feedhorn and on the dish? Or have you already posted it in an earlier post? I guess I'll go back and look. Thanks again, great work..!!

Edit: OK, I went back and looked at your other pictures and don't see both lnb's on at the same time in any of them. So, a picture of the BSC631-2 inside the modified feedhorn and next to the P* lnbf, would be nice to see...!

Too Late

Thanks for the pictures, you did a very nice looking modification. When it's attached, it looks store bought. Have you got a picture of the BSC631-2 with it in the feedhorn and on the dish? Or have you already posted it in an earlier post? I guess I'll go back and look. Thanks again, great work..!!

Edit: OK, I went back and looked at your other pictures and don't see both lnb's on at the same time in any of them. So, a picture of the BSC631-2 inside the modified feedhorn and next to the P* lnbf, would be nice to see...!

Sorry,

The BSC621-2 Is now apart and both KU and C LNBF's are being modifed for seperate operation. As a unit the combo worked so poorly* together that testing on it stopped.

* not a fault of the LNBF but because it is designed for a much larger dish.

Last edited:
So then....

About a 4 or 4.5 degree offset.

So for example if a sat is at 98.0 deg it will be 102.5.

Thank you for that example, I am Dyslexic and things like offsets cause my mind to Cartwheel.

So then...If you have a LNBF on the East side of the primary holder it should tune at 93.5 degrees, correct?

That would be correct.

looking at your modified ring it might be about a 4.6 degree addon to any sat.

For example

G-28 is at 89.0w

You will be locking at 93.6w

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Update on G-11/C

I can recieve clear

MUX1211
MUX1212----------FSN
BIG TEN HD
TOC - DVIDS 1
TOC - DVIDS 2
MUX1211
THE WORLD NETWORK
KLUZ TV
WORLD NETWORK 2 AC3
ATL_ENC1---------- concert feed

Last edited:
DreamFox -

I reread the thread, and didn't see what receiver you were using.
Some are barely getting a useful signal at Q=64, while for other receivers a Q=40 would be rock-solid.

If you could tell us the receiver you have there, and some Quality readings, it would be very encouraging. :up
Thanks.

DreamFox -

I reread the thread, and didn't see what receiver you were using.
Some are barely getting a useful signal at Q=64, while for other receivers a Q=40 would be rock-solid.

If you could tell us the receiver you have there, and some Quality readings, it would be very encouraging. :up
Thanks.

About 48% through 60% for channels that I list.

Using a Pansat 9200HD PVR

Dyslexic Satcom1

One thing to add is that all transponders that are V are H on my setup.

DREAMFOX1,

Thank you for your patience with me.

Iceberg had mentioned something in one of his posts about changing V to H to recover channels.

I think I understand that your V channels are setup in your receiver as H channels to recover signal. That has something to do with your LNBF's?

DREAMFOX1,

Thank you for your patience with me.

Iceberg had mentioned something in one of his posts about changing V to H to recover channels.

I think I understand that your V channels are setup in your receiver as H channels to recover signal. That has something to do with your LNBF's?

First thing that popped into my head is an LNB that is skewed 90 degrees.

Not that it really matters if you have blindscan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts