Prodelin with multiple LNBFs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
After one year of using my 6' Prodelin dish only for AMC18-105° for 4DTV, I decided to add another LNBF for AMC4-101° to my homemade bracket. I used hardware I had around and left room for future development.

The LNBF has a nice groove that fits the u-bolt perfectly and doesn't have a bulky case around it. I got some of them from Sadoun for projects like this. It gives 91Q on ku channels on 101° on a setup like this.

Thanks to Linuxman for the ideas from the thread how to receive the whole arc with fixed dishes. :)

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 226
Corrado:

Could you please post dimensions to locate and mount the CBand LNBF? I need from the top of the flat surface on the feed support strut up to to the centerline of the LNBF and the center of the dish to the center of the LNBF throat.

Thanks,
Harold

The distance from the center of the dish to the face of the LNBF is 50". The height of the LNBF from the flat plate is 4.5" to the centerline of the opening. This setting seems to work best for C band.

Corrado - looks like you used the scalar to mount the C-band LNBF.
I found that a wise option, too.

Now, try another flat scalar in front of the first, slid well toward the dish.
There should be a sweet spot where the Q really blooms!

And of course, a conical scalar should work, but hopefully have a less touchy peak.

Why couldnt you take a hole saw and put a hole in the scaler ring as close as possible to the c band lnb and get 2 degree apart sats?

its probably possible. I was able to do 2 C-Band LNB's on a 6 footer by cutting the scaler ring on one side and get 4 degrees apart

what is a c2 is that a certain type? I think I may order some of those small ku lnbf s and try them on my 6' solid c band I am setting up. I just set up the c band on 99 and have another 1.2 dish with both 97 and 101. Maybe I can combine the all on the 6' solid c band dish.
Nice work Corrado!!

I think you can get two C2s on there at 2 degrees apart.

I have a C2 at the center and a SL2 Ku at 2 degrees. I don't see why another C2 wouldn't work. :)

Note that unit is a dual output, you could feed 2 receivers with it, or more if you sent it through a multiswitch.

so true. I have 3 of them set up
2 on a 4x4 multiswitch
1 on part of a 4x4 multiswitch

works like a champ...4 receivers running off of them :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts