Prof 7301, 7500 and 8000 Tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, and I got Progdvb and Mytheatre to work.

Even with the default DVB Dream bda.dev module, you should be able to see the 7500 in the devices dialog box. It won't command DiSEqC, but you can get it to tune. Have you tried a virgin install of 1.4i? Do you have any other PC tuner drivers installed?

Prof 7500

Even with the default DVB Dream bda.dev module, you should be able to see the 7500 in the devices dialog box. It won't command DiSEqC, but you can get it to tune. Have you tried a virgin install of 1.4i? Do you have any other PC tuner drivers installed?

The Prof7500 is not showing up in the devices box. I reinstalled DD1.5i, after uninstalling 1.4i.
Previously I had the twinhan 1025 card, it was removed along with its software.

I'm grasping for straws. I haven't had any problems like this on Vista or XP.

1. Make sure your OS is fully updated to the latest µSoft patches. This can make a big difference.

2. The Prof DD bda.dev module can be sensitive to the presence of other tuner drivers, even when the other device isn't attached. I had to do the usual tricks to get rid of the hidden devices (set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1, etc.) and physically delete the associated files.

3. When you do a virgin install of DD, throw away all the files in the DD Devices folder. Only put Prof's bda.dev module in the Devices folder.

What shows in the "Devices" dialog box for DD? Could you perhaps post a screenshot?

I'm grasping for straws. I haven't had any problems like this on Vista or XP.

1. Make sure your OS is fully updated to the latest µSoft patches. This can make a big difference.

2. The Prof DD bda.dev module can be sensitive to the presence of other tuner drivers, even when the other device isn't attached. I had to do the usual tricks to get rid of the hidden devices (set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1, etc.) and physically delete the associated files.

3. When you do a virgin install of DD, throw away all the files in the DD Devices folder. Only put Prof's bda.dev module in the Devices folder.

What shows in the "Devices" dialog box for DD? Could you perhaps post a screenshot?

The dialog box shows "File" under device but no Prof. Its showing in the device manager, under "sound, video and game controllers". I have mytheatre working, unfortunately I cant move the antenna.

The dialog box shows "File" under device but no Prof. Its showing in the device manager, under "sound, video and game controllers". I have mytheatre working, unfortunately I cant move the antenna.

I'm not following the "File" part at all. See the screenshot of how it should look under Vista/DD 1.4i. Could you post a shot of what you're seeing?

Attachments

• Devices.GIF
    Devices.GIF
    11 KB · Views: 214
DVBDream

Finally got DD 1.4 to work but not DD 1.5. I am still unable to get the S2 signals and unable to use positioner.

regards

Finally got DD 1.4 to work but not DD 1.5. I am still unable to get the S2 signals and unable to use positioner.

DD 1.5 is still unstable. Some things work a lot better, but overall there are a number of show stoppers for me. That is true for any of the PC tuners I have, not just the Prof units.

I have DD 1.4/Prof 7301 & 7500 receiving S2 signals without any problems, and sending all forms of DiSEqC commands. Posting a screenshot of your DD Device dialog box might help figure out what is different between our setups. What is in your DD Devices folder?

DD 1.5 is still unstable. Some things work a lot better, but overall there are a number of show stoppers for me. That is true for any of the PC tuners I have, not just the Prof units.

I have DD 1.4/Prof 7301 & 7500 receiving S2 signals without any problems, and sending all forms of DiSEqC commands. Posting a screenshot of your DD Device dialog box might help figure out what is different between our setups. What is in your DD Devices folder?

I didn't modify the device folder.

blindscan

Pendragon, I know you were working on the linux drivers to see if you could get the demodulator to do blindscan. Have you had any progress on this? I would throw in my efforts if i had the skills to do so. Thanks for all your information and input.

I didn't modify the device folder.

Try taking everything out of the devices folder, except for the bda.dev module that is on the Prof installer CD. The bda.dev module that installs with DD does not have the capability of DiSEqC commanding, and may lack S2 also.

Pendragon, I know you were working on the linux drivers to see if you could get the demodulator to do blindscan. Have you had any progress on this? I would throw in my efforts if i had the skills to do so. Thanks for all your information and input.

I put that project on hold a couple of weeks ago to finish my outdoor dish cabling before the weather really gets miserable, and to write software to drive my spectrum analyzer for ultra-fast coarse blindscanning. I expect to finish both this weekend and pick up the Linux drivers again.

I'm having a real good feeling about the capabilities of the STV0903 to do blindscanning, but I don't know how fast and accurate it will be. At the moment the biggest problem is stabilizing the drivers so they are reliable enough to use. When I last tested them, they were rather pathetic, but things can change fast in Linux land. If I need to I'll work on that first.

Well, my Prof 7301 arrived Friday and I played with it a bit over the weekend. I've found it works very well with Dvbviewer, DisEqC works well, channel changing is very fast and it has no problem with my Gbox positioner. TransEdit on the other hand recognized the Prof 7301 but wouldn't give me DisEqC control. A quick query on the Dvbviewer forum found the solution, tell TransEdit the Prof is a TBS device and everything worked fine. I'm not sure what the relationship is between those devices?
I loaded Dvbdream 1.5 Beta 7 and selected the bda.dev file and the Prof tuned no problem. Channel changes are very slow, 6-8 seconds, longer of course when switching my DisEqC switch. The card works well with my positioner, I use raw commands.
I loaded the bda_prof.dev file in the device folder but couldn't get Dvbdream to start at all. Access violation errors and a couple of times it froze the computer on initialization and re-booted the machine. I un-installed the Dvbdream beta version and loaded 141.i but no difference, still freezing problems. Its probably something I'm doing...or not doing.
I'm interested in how sensitive the tuner is, later this week I should have more time to play with it and test it. I did try to lock a low SR signal (1860) without luck but I'm not sure if the signal was even there for sure.
So far I really like the Prof 7301, the fact it works well with my favourite dvb application Dvbviewer is a plus too.

The best DVB-S and DVB-S2 tuners I have. Haven't found a S2 feed the Profs couldn't handle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)