PS4 Owners Thread

Beyond 2 Souls is coming to the PS4 next Tuesday, and Heavy Rain is coming March 1 2016. Both will be digital only and will be given as a discount to those who bought the digital copies on the PS3. Normal price is $29.99.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...-to-ps4-on-nov-24th-heavy-rain-out-next-year/

Too bad these are only digital. I wouldn't mind playing Heavy Rain again via Gamefly, but I'm not spending $30 on that. Maybe by some miracle they'll become PS+ games, but I'm not holding my breath. Hell, I'd like it if PS+ would FINALLY start releasing more full fledged disc based games for free. There's been 64 games released on PS+ for PS4 and only 2 of them are non-indie or non-digital only games (I don't count The Walking Dead because that was originally digital only.) Meanwhile, there's been 26 games released for Xbox One and has had 4. Anyway I digress. Worth a look if you haven't gotten into those games, although I'd lean more towards Heavy Rain than I would Beyond.

Beyond 2 Souls is coming to the PS4 next Tuesday, and Heavy Rain is coming March 1 2016. Both will be digital only and will be given as a discount to those who bought the digital copies on the PS3. Normal price is $29.99.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...-to-ps4-on-nov-24th-heavy-rain-out-next-year/

Too bad these are only digital. I wouldn't mind playing Heavy Rain again via Gamefly, but I'm not spending $30 on that. Maybe by some miracle they'll become PS+ games, but I'm not holding my breath. Hell, I'd like it if PS+ would FINALLY start releasing more full fledged disc based games for free. There's been 64 games released on PS+ for PS4 and only 2 of them are non-indie or non-digital only games (I don't count The Walking Dead because that was originally digital only.) Meanwhile, there's been 26 games released for Xbox One and has had 4. Anyway I digress. Worth a look if you haven't gotten into those games, although I'd lean more towards Heavy Rain than I would Beyond.

I owned both of those on disc so I guess I'm SOL. Though I'm in no hurry to play them again. I played through both enough times to get all the trophies and see all the endings... within the past two years. If they were ever free for PS+, I might play a few chapters of each to see how they look and perform.

EDIT: The info at the link only says you get Heavy Rain at a discount if you buy Beyond Two Souls digitally on PS4; no word on prior PS3 digital purchase. In fact, Heavy Rain isn't even available digitally.

FINALLY, the PS4 is getting backwards compatibility!*

*For the PS2

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/20/...he-ps4/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cool I guess? The up side to this is that it seems like they are acknowledging that the Xbox One's backwards compatibility is a big feature they don't have.

Hopefully that means that they are at least investigating whether emulating the PS3's cell processor is capable of being emulated on the PS4. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. The emulator community is even having trouble emulating PS3 on beefy PCs so I'm skeptical that they can do it on PS4.

I doubt they're going to bother trying to emulate the mess that is the Cell processor. Also it'll completely undermine Playstation Now. PS2 emulation is pretty set at this point. I mean I can play PS2 games on my computer, and the PS3 could emulate PS2 quite well using software emulation.

I find it odd that they're just stopping at the PS2. Hell, why not include the PS1 as well so we can buy and play some of those classics on the PS4? I bought Tekken 2 years ago (Tekken 2, not Tekken purchased 2 years ago) and it sucks that I can't play it anymore because Sony decided to just not include it.

Interested in pricing before I get to excited. Maybe I'll finally get to play Champions of Norrath.

Otherwise 2 gens back is too far for me. I'm shallow and need nice graphics once the nostalgia fades.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And still no CD playback?!

I totally missed every generation before PS3, but every PS2 game that I even remotely cared about based on reputation or the types of PS3 games I liked, I already played as an HD remaster or have in my download queue as a PS Plus freebie for PS3. This won't affect me at all.

So does this mean that people with PS2 discs will be able to play them in the PS4, or is this only for digitally downloaded PS2 games that have been enabled/programmed to work on PS4 (as was done with many PS2 games for the PS3, but without upgrading/remastering)?

FINALLY, the PS4 is getting backwards compatibility!*

*For the PS2
That might be really useful. I could stop making sure mine and my kids fatty PS3 stay alive. I've already had both repaired at least once.

Only reason is we have a bunch of PS2 games that still get played on occasion. If this gets implemented, next time one of them screws up, I could replace it with a slim and have the PS4 for the PS2 stuff.

So PS2 games are coming tomorrow to PS4, sorta..

First off, this isnt' like the One/360 BC. There's no disc based BC (because that would be too cool) and instead these are "remasters" with 1080p upscaled graphics and PS4 abilities like cross play, share play, etc. The first list is very small but Sony promises more games are coming. Oh, and you need to re-buy these games.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/4/9851808/ps2-games-ps4-1080p-upscale

I'm in a wait and see mood of the new FF7 remake. I mean I'll be the first to say that FF7 is one of the greatest accomplishments in gaming history and played a major role in the original Playstation's success, but its hype and legacy is a bit overblown by gamers nowadays. And having said THAT, I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who hasn't played it do so, especially the newer versions because they've been cleaned up and they allow you to enjoy the game with less grind, by basically letting you speed up the game, turn off random encounters, or heal your characters and give them limit breaks with each battle.

I have never played any form of FF7 so I have no nostalgia towards it. The idea of going to back to a JRPG that old that I have no ties to doesn't sound that great when so many more modern games probably do the same kinds of things better.

If I start hearing that FF7 Remake is an amazing experience on it's own in 2016 I will give it a shot. If people like it because it's an updated take on something they used to love it doesn't really do anything for me though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)