PS4 Owners Thread

I expect the stores will have long lines? At least I saved them from having to wake up early Sunday and head out in a snowstorm. Was funny. They asked how much. Um, 399.99. Not a penny more.

My cousin bought one from the local walmart. Walmart was actually keeping them off the sales floor and when I went in to ask the associate was like yeah we have them we are keeping them in the back. So i'm not officially an owner yet and I played around with the PS4 and I have to honestly say I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. There is really only one game I want to play (Killzone Shadow Fall) and I was disappointed when I read that Driveclub was delayed. The replacements on the PSN+ network are disappointing. I like the PS4 and the fact that it can concurrently download and install games/applications but at the same time it took my cousins PS4 an hour to totally install Madden 25. (digital copy)

As it should be. All those crazies out there taking advantage of people trying to sell them for twice as much.
I would call the crazy ones the ones who can't wait three or four months and have to have the unit now and are willing to pay anywhere from $800 - $1500 just to get it before his buddy just so he can brag about it. The ones who are selling the units are actually the smart ones.

Last edited:
My cousin bought one from the local walmart. Walmart was actually keeping them off the sales floor and when I went in to ask the associate was like yeah we have them we are keeping them in the back. So i'm not officially an owner yet and I played around with the PS4 and I have to honestly say I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. There is really only one game I want to play (Killzone Shadow Fall) and I was disappointed when I read that Driveclub was delayed. The replacements on the PSN+ network are disappointing. I like the PS4 and the fact that it can concurrently download and install games/applications but at the same time it took my cousins PS4 an hour to totally install Madden 25. (digital copy)

Most games don't make you have the entire file before installing. I had Killzone up and running in about 15 minutes. Battlefield took me much longer. I could play the single player after about 45 minutes because that was downloaded first but it took about 2 hours before I could get into multiplayer. Even so, your hour on Madden for download and install isn't terrible considering that most of these games are 40GB or more.

I have both the Xbox One and PS4. I can say, without a doubt, the PS4 is faster for installing games. Assassin's Creed IV on PS4 took me about 5 minutes from putting the disk in the first time to playing. Dead Rising 3 on Xbox One took over 45 minutes to install from the disk before I was able to play for the first time. I've had PS4 games take less time to download and install than DR3 took to install from the retail disk.

Maybe things will change in the future but right now the PS4 seems to be much better at doing a partial install and getting you into the game fast. It then seamlessly continues to load in the background while you are playing. Remember that all games need to be installed before playing on both systems even if you buy a retail disk. This is something PS3 gamers have been used to for a while but luckily the process has been significantly sped up for the PS4.

The installation speed and slight power increase means I will be playing most of my multiplatform games on PS4 or PC. I wouldn't have an issue playing all my games on Xbox One if that's all I had though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

I would call the crazy ones the ones who can't wait three or four months and have to have the unit now and are willing to pay anywhere from $800 - $1500 just to get it before his buddy just so he can brag about it. The ones who are selling the units are actually the smart ones.

I would have to agree with that the more I think about it. I'm a business person so I understand how supply and demand works. Sometimes it just bothers me to see people take advantage of others. DAMN MORALS! It does seem ridiculous that people are actually shelling out that much money just because they have to be one of the firsts to own it.

What really bothers me is the fact that some of these people go around buying them all up on the first day just so they can sell them for a profit.

I would have to agree with that the more I think about it. I'm a business person so I understand how supply and demand works. Sometimes it just bothers me to see people take advantage of others. DAMN MORALS! It does seem ridiculous that people are actually shelling out that much money just because they have to be one of the firsts to own it.

What really bothers me is the fact that some of these people go around buying them all up on the first day just so they can sell them for a profit.

That's the part I don't like about it. People with money buy a bunch of systems on launch just to sell them. They are basically keeping the system out of the hands of people who saved all year so they could afford it and would really enjoy a new PS4. That's why I didn't enter the Holiday Party PS4/Xbox One contest. Sure I could have won one of these systems and made some decent money by selling it. I already have them both though and I would rather see someone win who will actually play it.

Sounds like a person that recognizes an opportunity and acts on it to me. I don't fault any of these people at all! Good for them!

Sounds like a person that recognizes an opportunity and acts on it to me. I don't fault any of these people at all! Good for them!

I don't have a problem with people trying to make a buck. What I don't like is some guy preordering 10 (just a random number, could be more or less) consoles just for the purpose of selling them the moment they arrive. I don't feel bad for the people who choose to pay ebay prices for these systems. If they choose to pay ridiculous prices to get their systems fast that's on them. It just sucks that these people who don't even want the system buy them in bulk so other people who really want one can't get it at a reasonable price. Of course, there are ways to find one if you are willing to wait and anyone who wants one bad enough will do that. Obviously this isn't a life or death problem but it's still something I'd rather not see.

I didn't think they would be in short supply or I would have done just that! Except I probably would have made the number much higher. My luck I would order 50 of them and then they would be on the shelves all Christmas season with no issues getting one!

man I am REALLLY wanting to try out battlefield 4. anyone have both killzone and battlefield 4 that can update me on what you prefer? it seems killzone is FULL of campers and the multiplayer is just not as fun when people start that.

I got it for the one last week. Finally played multiplayer yesterday. Always been a cod player, but I must say this beats COD multiplayer by a mile.

The huge squad conquest games are addicting. So much going on.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I got it for the one last week. Finally played multiplayer yesterday. Always been a cod player, but I must say this beats COD multiplayer by a mile.

The huge squad conquest games are addicting. So much going on.

So you really thinks it's that much better than COD? I love playing the COD games online and saying that it's better by a mile means a lot in me wanting to get a PS4 and that game.

So you really thinks it's that much better than COD? I love playing the COD games online and saying that it's better by a mile means a lot in me wanting to get a PS4 and that game.

I prefer Battlefield but they are different style games. You like COD and they are both modern military shooters but that doesn't necessarily mean you will like Battlefield. COD is about close combat and twitch reflexes. You run through narrow corridors and often round a corridor to end up face to face with an enemy. Most COD matches are 16 players on tight maps with no vehicles involved.

Battlefield is about open "battlefields" with up to 64 players running around. The matches often take 30 minutes or more and you could spend a good chunk of that time just trying to run from one end of the map to the other. Fortunately there are all kinds of vehicles to make getting to the capture points on the other side of the map much more manageable. You won't be up close and personal as often as you are in COD but if you like to play on foot and stay near a capture point you can get that style of play if you want it.

Ive always loved playing COD. Got some Satguy friends I play with and we have a blast. Still will, so its not meant as a knock on
COD at all.

Battlefield is just , imo, much much better. Maybe not on death match mode so much, but conquest is unreal. Soooo much going on, and so much more realistic. I actually had a skyscraper destroyed out from under me yesterday! Lol. it was awesome.

I didn't take it as a knock, just using it as a comparison since it's the best online fps I know right now. I love playing COD but the fast pace can bother me sometimes, especially when I'm rusty. I can't stand getting killed 5 times within 30 seconds and not even knowing where the person shot me from.

I like the idea of a large map with lots of people in it. I enjoy being able to pick people off from long distance. I also enjoy working as a team to win.

Then it sounds like battlefield would be a game you would enjoy. And still have the option of small match deathmatch games as well.

Not very happy this morning. My son and I went downstairs to play Skylander Swap Force and the PS3 crapped out. It just shut off while playing and the red light just flashed.

I thought, now my wife can't give me crap about buying a PS4 now, but then I remember that the PS4 is not backwards compatible. So now my boys new game is worthless unless I get the PS3 fixed. I'm fairly confident I can do it but still not very happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)