PS4 Owners Thread

Not very happy this morning. My son and I went downstairs to play Skylander Swap Force and the PS3 crapped out. It just shut off while playing and the red light just flashed. I thought, now my wife can't give me crap about buying a PS4 now, but then I remember that the PS4 is not backwards compatible. So now my boys new game is worthless unless I get the PS3 fixed. I'm fairly confident I can do it but still not very happy.
That so sux!!!! Sounds like a power supply. Fairly easy to change out. Good luck and keep us posted. I have an old PS3 fatty I could send to you to borrow if you want? :) Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
That so sux!!!! Sounds like a power supply. Fairly easy to change out. Good luck and keep us posted. I have an old PS3 fatty I could send to you to borrow if you want? :) Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks. I'm going to take it apart and take a look at it. From what I read online it looks like there are a few things I can try on my own to fix it before I decide to send it away or buy another one. I'd rather not have to buy another one since I really want a PS4.

My wife told me if I sold all my other systems then I could buy a PS4. I'm not like some people who just trade in there old stuff for new all the time. I like to keep all of my video game stuff. I know I'm rarely ever going to play it but it's fun to go back and play on the SNES once in a while. I guess it's like a collectible thing for me.

Looks like NBA2K14 is the new Diablo 3/SimCity. Can't play my single player career tonight due to server problems.

The difference being I knew what I was getting with the other two.

Sent from my VZW Note 3

Yeah but honestly, the Top Heavy Tarts series really started to nosedive after 4 came out.

I like how both groups had the same #1...

As a middle-aged man who's been single for over two years, I probably should be proud to say I've never heard of SugarDVD until today. lol

If Nintendo wanted to make some REAL money, they'd get these apps on their system and make them interactive with the touchscreen. It'd be funny to see how many people call Nintendo saying they needed replacement control units due to "Stained Screens."

If Nintendo wanted to make some REAL money, they'd get these apps on their system and make them interactive with the touchscreen. It'd be funny to see how many people call Nintendo saying they needed replacement control units due to "Stained Screens."

You must not have received the email from SugarDVD that it was available. ;)
wii_box.vV1.0Vv.jpg

Luckily, I haven't experienced anything like this. I haven't had any crashes at or lost saves at all. The good news for those who have corrupted saves is that they probably have a backup automatically saved to the cloud.

Can't access the link (blocked at work), but I experienced this last night with Battlefield. It only let's me start a new campaign. Although I still see trophies from completing several missions. Grrrr.

Here's the text:
PlayStation 4 early adopters are experiencing a widespread data corruption error resulting in lost progress and unplayable games, according to frequent reports in a 34-page PlayStation Forum thread.

Joystiq reader "Jim" wrote in to report the loss of 30 hours' worth of progress as a result of a glitch that the PS4 console identifies as "Error CE-34878-0." The bug isn't isolated to a specific game, as PlayStation community members report lost progress across several titles in the PlayStation 4's library, including NBA 2K14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, andAssassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. In rare cases, "CE-34878-0" prevents users from starting any PlayStation 4 application, rendering the console unusable.

PlayStation forum members suggest a variety of solutions to the issue, ranging from save file deletion to a full console replacement. We've reached out to Sony for comment and await a response.

Hey, I finally saw a PS4 on the shelves yesterday and picked one up. It's still in the box, along with Battlefield 4, since I'm still debating keeping it. Okay, I have Call of Duty Ghosts for the PS3. Didn't I read where I can upgrade/download this for $10 on the PS4? If so, I'll probably keep the game.

Can't access the link (blocked at work), but I experienced this last night with Battlefield. It only let's me start a new campaign. Although I still see trophies from completing several missions. Grrrr.

I would try deleting the save file and then downloading your backup from the cloud saves section. It might not have 100% of your progress but it is supposed to be backing up all your saves to the cloud every day. Maybe the version backed up online isn't corrupted. I would do this soon before your online save is overwritten by the corrupted one. It only uploads save files that have changed since their last backup.

I'm more interested in the second part of that article mentioning the blu-ray and media player improvements. I still need 3D support from either the PS4 or Xbox One to completely retire my PS3 as my main blu-ray player. Right now the Xbox is getting most of my blu-ray work because the PS4 doesn't have IR for my harmony remote and I don't like using a controller. Saying play or pause is pretty nice with the kinect too even if it is useless for navigating blu-ray menus. I hate the fact that the Xbox still doesn't support bitstreaming audio for blu-ray though. The only option for lossless audio is PCM.

I still either need logitech to release an adapter for harmony remotes like they did for PS3 or Microsoft to start supporting bitstreaming audio to be happy with either console as my main blu-ray player.

As for games, I don't really have any of my old PS1/PS2 games lying around anymore. Even if I did, I don't know how much time I would want to spend playing them these days. I do still have quite a few PS3 games I want to play between disks and digital downloads tied to my account. I would be happy to box my PS3 up if I could play those on the PS4. Even if they would give us free access to the digital games we have tied to our account with Playstation Now I could probably get by. I have a feeling they will still try to charge you for Playstation Now access even if you have a game tied to your account from PS Plus though.