Rain Fade

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i use a 30 inch winegard dish, i have a r-10 and a r-15, and a powered multiswitch, i lose signal MAYBE 3 times per year.

Getting a bigger dish might help my household reception, but I also have another problem. We have a motorhome with a dome over what is probably a 5 or 6 inch dish. We experience the same type of rainfade. Any ideas for that?

Being a novice what size dish would you recommend and where can I read up on it?

Thanks

PS Didn't know the "freaky fonts" were so objectionable. I'll do better in the future.

The solution for me seems to be 3 years of drought conditions. I have lost signal maybe 3-4 times since I signed up in July 2004. It has to be a pretty big storm to make me lose signal. Unlike my OTA antenna which drops out in a light fog.

Ted

After signing up again in Feb. I really was worried about the rain fade. That's what caused my dislike way back in the early days. I have an AT9 dish and hadn't seen any except the other day when I was sitting and it just started pouring like crazy. Out went the signal. Great, here we go again.

Fortunately, I watch mostly network shows so I have an HD OTA antenna set up. Out of curiosity, I switched over to those channels and not a problem at all. It took a lot of effort get a good HD OTA signal but it sure was worth it as a backup for those rain fade days. I guess they were never gone for good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)