Rain Fade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i use a 30 inch winegard dish, i have a r-10 and a r-15, and a powered multiswitch, i lose signal MAYBE 3 times per year.

Getting a bigger dish might help my household reception, but I also have another problem. We have a motorhome with a dome over what is probably a 5 or 6 inch dish. We experience the same type of rainfade. Any ideas for that?

Being a novice what size dish would you recommend and where can I read up on it?

Thanks

PS Didn't know the "freaky fonts" were so objectionable. I'll do better in the future.

The solution for me seems to be 3 years of drought conditions. I have lost signal maybe 3-4 times since I signed up in July 2004. It has to be a pretty big storm to make me lose signal. Unlike my OTA antenna which drops out in a light fog.

Ted

After signing up again in Feb. I really was worried about the rain fade. That's what caused my dislike way back in the early days. I have an AT9 dish and hadn't seen any except the other day when I was sitting and it just started pouring like crazy. Out went the signal. Great, here we go again.

Fortunately, I watch mostly network shows so I have an HD OTA antenna set up. Out of curiosity, I switched over to those channels and not a problem at all. It took a lot of effort get a good HD OTA signal but it sure was worth it as a backup for those rain fade days. I guess they were never gone for good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)