Raycom & Dish still quareling? -Dispute Settled. channels back 8/9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's done on line now and on paper books too. One has to do them and send them in ASAP w/in 2 days of finish or not get paid. Yes they pay 5 when the send the book and you get 5 for sending it back on time. So not a lot of $$ pass hands.

I hope that this dispute gets taken care of way before then.

But just to mention - here on Maui, we had a paper Nielsen diary for the last ratings period. They sent us $2 when we got the diary and nothing after it was returned.

BTW - in the Hawaii market, we lost both NBC and CBS because of the Raycom dispute. In addition, the parent company of those two stations also owns another station - KFVE. That, too, is blocked.

I'll miss some of the sports and shows on those stations. However, it'll be a larger loss if Hurricane/Tropical Storm Henriette changes course in the next few days and heads up further north to the islands. During Tropical Storm Flossie, it was good to have the local news coverage available from various stations.

I've grown so weary of local news, in general. For the most part they sensationalize stories, seemingly create news, etc, that I just don't watch local news like I used to. All it does is make me mad at what they - the stations - consider "news". I mostly watch it for weather forecasts, therefore WBTV would not be a big loss for me. Like others, I get a decent OTA signal from but I also get a better OTA signal from WSPA. So, if DISH drops them, I'm not CBS-less.

My in laws live not far from you. Before they got Dish, they used an OTA. The reception was unreal. All Charlotte locals. WSPA and WOLO. out of Asheville( a bit shaky at times)
Unfortunately the OTA is no longer on the roof....It's not a good situation over there.

My in laws live not far from you. Before they got Dish, they used an OTA. The reception was unreal. All Charlotte locals. WSPA and WOLO. out of Asheville( a bit shaky at times)
Unfortunately the OTA is no longer on the roof....It's not a good situation over there.

Do you mean Wlos?

Not sure how accurate this is 539050_463778067050858_1252459672_n.jpg

Yes, most all the recent ones have been short. If that's a real correspondence first Raycom is making the case for regulation. Second, again if a true correspondence, I understand DISH being mad but it's not really a professional response. Saying that, I don't know all that has transpired of course up to this.

The problem is that the stations still tend to have the most power in these negotiations. The customer wants to watch their shows and are upset that they do not have them. They do not really care that the cable/DBS company has to pay a few cents more, they want their programs. Raycom at least picked a poor time to do this, since most shows are reruns this time of year. A lot of customers probably did not even notice.

Last edited:
DISH and Raycom Reach Agreement in 36 Markets

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. & MONTGOMERY, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE [3])--DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) and Raycom Media, Inc. today announced an agreement regarding the continued retransmission of Raycom TV stations in 36 markets. Service to DISH customers in the affected markets is expected to be restored overnight.

Terms of the agreement between DISH and Raycom were not disclosed.

...Terms of the agreement between DISH and Raycom were not disclosed.

...would you expect anything less? This is from the same department that brings you, "we cannot discuss personnel matters." I just wonder who had to bend over and grab the ankles for the Raycom channels to return - us (and DISH) or Raycom.

Why is it that these agreements aren't public knowledge.Never understood that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts