Sat Talk Live Tonight at 9 PM EDT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's not here yet either, but our local NBC, WTWC-40 used to run "The Tube" music channel on it's .2 back when they first began digital testing. I'm sure that's where TheCoolTV will be. :)

WGN in Chicago ran the Tube till they switched it to LATV. I don't see much happening with the subchannels much here anymore. Heck we don't even get RTV that way :( They rather put garbage on the subchannels. Glad I have my dishes :)

WGN in Chicago ran the Tube till they switched it to LATV. I don't see much happening with the subchannels much here anymore. Heck we don't even get RTV that way :( They rather put garbage on the subchannels. Glad I have my dishes :)

I agree

Seems like the cities with stations owned by large conglomerates get crap for subchannels

Minneapolis good example
PBS...4 channels (PBS, the MN channel, TPTLife which is like create and 24/7 weather)
CBS...none (owned by the network)
ABC..a 24/7 station of repeats of newscasts (owned by Hubbard...yes the guys who started USSB)
FOX & My...SD counterparts....owned by Fox
NBC..a 24/7 weather channel
CW..SD counterpart
Independent...none (also owned by Hubbard)

WDSU-DT (owned by Hearst) has ExactWeather (24-hr weather) on a subchannel. It's useful sometimes, but more often than not, I just check the web if I need the forecast or various metro area radar loops. In this case, it's robbing bandwidth from the Olympics!

Sat Talk Live on Galaxy 19

Please join us for another Sat Talk Live at the top of the hour. Listen links are at sattalk.us - Home and the call in number is 712-432-8700 Ext. 123#.

Thanks,
Ralf

How do I listen to the archive of last nights Sat Talk? Everything I click on takes me to the Uddle website nothing there. I was at a hockey game and missed the show. Thanks Blind

Well all I see is this on the uddle website
Sat Talk with Ralf Black Access America - Home Satellite and Technical Talk Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:29:06 -0600 60 Sat Talk for 02/26/10 Fri, 26 Feb 2010 and older shows. No link to click on to download. I must be missing something. Blind

Well all I see is this on the uddle website
Sat Talk with Ralf Black Access America - Home Satellite and Technical Talk Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:29:06 -0600 60 Sat Talk for 02/26/10 Fri, 26 Feb 2010 and older shows. No link to click on to download. I must be missing something. Blind

Try this link Sat Talk with Ralf Black, right click over the .mp3 file and select "save target as"

Morbius, Thanks! Thats the link I was trying to find. I had it once in my favorites but couldn't find where I got it at. I'm now a happy man again lol:) Blind

Comming up tonight at 9 PM ET on Sat Talk Live:

Tony Dunne from New Zealand is talking about C-band reception on Ku dishes.
Casey from Hypermegasat has more information on the F1 meter.
And of course Mike Kohl and your phone calls.

For listen links and satellite coordinates go to sattalk.us - Home.

Hope you all there.

Ralf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts