SatelliteAV Motorized System Giveaway, We Have a Winner!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd choose the Visionsat IV-200 satellite receiver. It can receive and decode 625 line PAL International video standards.

i would go for the Visionsat IV-200 because of the DVR. I would like to get into FTA and this would be a great way to start.

I currently own three fta receivers and one is a Merc II Fortec.I would like to own another Merc.II ...Why ?? Because it has the Channel Backup and Channel Recovery ,something my other two receivers don't have..a must for any fta..awesome..Thanks Fortec!!

I would like the Visionsat IV-200 for the PVR. I also could use the motor;)
rdel

I know nothing at all about FTA but consider myself a bit of a tech "geek." I love getting into stuff like this - new, cool, my friends have no clue what I'm talking about....and I would probably choose the Visionsat IV-200 simply because I'm also fat and lazy and love PVR. Can't remember life before it.

I would choose the Merc II because of the component and optical connection features. I have been dying to get my feet wet in the FTA hobby!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for the give-away. The Mercury II is a great receiver--installed one for my dad last year. Got a Visionsat IV-200 for the church. So I would like to have the Visionsat IV-200 for myself--because of the PVR capabilities.

I would chose the Visionsat IV-200 cause of the PVR but it would be easy enough to setup and external PVR via MythTV if the Mercury II is a better receiver.

Fortec Star Mercury IIhavent dealt with it but any receiver with blind scan that actually works is in my good books (also the channel back-up feature..well some more features too)

New here, I have been thinking about getting a FTA system I would go with the Visionsat IV-200 for three reasons: PVR, Blind Scan and Component Output.

Musher

Visionsat. I don't have experience with either receiver, and I'm sure they're both great pieces of equipment, but the PVR capabilities caught my interest.

i have a pansat 3500sd .looking at a receiver for a back up, like the options of the mercury II MAYBE I GET LUCK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)