Save Our Cband

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bandwidth, must be for it to be bought. Bandwidth already used, is already all cable and satellite. these bands already are bandwidth used without anybody else as any of the bandwidths; and turned off the bandwidth that was "close"; and terrestrial analog 3.2-3.7 gearing (500/450 pers); large empty spaces on the hatts. Interference (same powered/active wireless bands), in the US have been illegal since "bandwidth" was invented. Are you sure it hasn't already been invented here?

This is probably a stupid question but will this affect FTA as a whole, or will more FTA channels go to KU-band? If C-band gets effected.

Reread and it is taking 3.4 - 3.6. (incorrectly stated in Mhz in the press release surprisingly.)
Our uses start at 3.7.
Sorry for the scare I was tired when I read it, "in the lower part of the C-band"

Following the growing demand for spectrum for mobile broadband services, WRC-15 identified frequency bands in the L-band (1427-1518 MHz) and in the lower part of the C-band (3.4 -3.6 MHz). WRC-15 achieved agreement on some additional portions in other bands that were also allocated to mobile broadband services in order to be used in regions where there was no interference with other services.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151127005269/en/World-Radiocommunication-Conference-2015-Decides Satellite-Spectrum is-Central

The great news is that the C-band downlink FSS service is kept intact with current assignments and they will explore other frequencies for the mobile/terrestrial needs at the next WRC. The 3.6 - 3.7GHz usage still can be problematic, but as we observe with current usage, this type of interference it is definitely manageable in North America with filtration.

The continuing frustration is the availability of wireless equipment manufactured for use in approved regions, but used "outband" and causing interference with downlink frequencies. Hard to identify, but they can be addressed through appropriate agencies.

".... and only in Region 2 was a footnote agreed which identified IMT for a few countries in the 3600-3700 MHz band."

Is the USA one of those countries with a footnote?

I just wanted to get the info straight. Ke4est can you chime in on this?
Sorry went to bed early, I saw this last night, but was so sleepy. Looks like Brian stepped in and explained. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)