Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

it does not appear that Discovery HD Theater is going anywhere.

in this image, posted by scott, you can see that BOTH discoveryHD and discoveryHDtheater are shown as HD channels.

attachment.php

Evidently, they are going to get DiscoveryHD up first, and probably discontinue HDTheater later when it is duplicative.

Discovery has several other HD versions of SD channels planned for this fall, see Discovery HD threads.

PS The date is August 15th, due to the existing Voom MPEG2 channels changing to MPEG4 on August 15th, thus providing enough extra bandwidth for the new channels.

OK, so I currently have the DVRadvantge deal. Now with a couple more HD channels coming to the AT250 along with the existing NGHD that I'm missing I think I might upgrade. But in doing so won't I lose the "advantage" pricing which includes locals and DVR fee? Or can they just had on a few bucks, the difference between AT250 and AT200?

129 has room and 61.5 has lots of room. :)

Remember a lot more then just these 7 channels were announced today. Check our retailer chat recap for all the details. :D

I was going to wait to upgrade my 942 to a 622 but this is going to make it harder to wait (I presently have a 622 and a 942 but didn't want to pay $150 for a second 622).

129 has room and 61.5 has lots of room. :)

Remember a lot more then just these 7 channels were announced today. Check our retailer chat recap for all the details. :D

They can't be planning on adding national HD channels to 61.5 unless they are adding to 129 as well. Even if they get the authorization to light up more transponders on 61.5 there won't be more national HD coming without adding dishes on to a lot of people's roof.

As far as the other things announced, I can't wait. I want the external storage in a big way (to turn my 211 into a HD-DVR).

They can't be planning on adding national HD channels to 61.5 unless they are adding to 129 as well. Even if they get the authorization to light up more transponders on 61.5 there won't be more national HD coming without adding dishes on to a lot of people's roof.

As far as the other things announced, I can't wait. I want the external storage in a big way (to turn my 211 into a HD-DVR).
BEEP Wrong...

More HD channels coming September 15th. :D

Stay Tuned!

OK, so I currently have the DVRadvantge deal. Now with a couple more HD channels coming to the AT250 along with the existing NGHD that I'm missing I think I might upgrade. But in doing so won't I lose the "advantage" pricing which includes locals and DVR fee? Or can they just had on a few bucks, the difference between AT250 and AT200?

For DVR Advantage:

The following "Premiums" are available for $10 each:

- AT250
- HBO
- Showtime
- Cinemax
- Starz
- Playboy

-- Dish HD is available for $20 additional.

On August 15th, there will be an AT100 version of DVR Advantage for $39.99 instead of $49.99.

that would be my next wish also mlb........external storage for my 211.

Are you saying they are planning on adding national HDs *ONLY* to 61.5? Or would they only add national HDs to 61.5 that are mirrored as well to 129, then add LiLs to 61.5 to round out the rest?

They won't put national hd on only 61.5 as not all of the country can see it. HD RSNs or locals yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts