Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

For what it's worth, I wonder whether Dish wouldn't be better off launching 4 more HD LiL markets rather than adding more HD nationals with limited original HD content.

I say this because around here, DirecTV offers HD locals and Dish doesn't. I've noticed that there is a vast, vast, disparity in the number of DirecTV 5LNB dishes compared to Dish 1000s. In outlying areas where OTA is impossible, the disparity reaches comical proportions. In Pahrump, I've seen over a hundred DirecTV 5LNB dishes, they seem to be going up on about every 3rd recently built home. I've seen a grand total of one Dish 1000 out there.

Wow........FSN Pittsburgh HD, just in time for the upcoming hockey season, Discovery AND the History channel........

I am in complete ecstasy.......

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D:D

Thank you, DishNetwork! :cool:

Well it will be interesting to see what they show on the History Channel as far as HD but I'd trade all the new announced ones for say USAHD. Then again I'd also like it if SciFi goes HD & turns up some day.

Well it will be interesting to see what they show on the History Channel as far as HD but I'd trade all the new announced ones for say USAHD. Then again I'd also like it if SciFi goes HD & turns up some day.

Well today announcement was great! As far as USAHD and Scifi those two would be great. But we will half to wait until those networks get their HD version of their channel up and running.

Dish network wants to put NESN HD up for games only. NESN is demanding the channel 24/7. Dish does not want to use 24/7 HD bandwidth for only a portion of the country.

but those of us who buy the "Sports Pack" for 5.99 a month get the non-blacked out NESN programming. It would nice to get the pre-game, post-game, and the new Globe 10.0 program in HD.

Bring it on Dish. Many have been complaining about not hearing the plan, well they were working on it and here it is. I am truly amazed all those RSN's are coming, plus the 8-15 and 9-1 channels. Then they state more in mid September, WOW.

Good time to own a HDTV :D

I guess dish hasn;t done negotions with Turner yet, cause TBS wasn't on the list and they're launching 9/1

Worry not...

More HD is coming. :)

Stay tuned!

Don't you mean more DishHD? Is any of it gonna be HD? And if there really is so much room, where is full-rez & decent bitrate? Still on the back burner til after some crazy future like 2010?

Ps: Check the spelling of your new signature "Don't if feel good to be excited about Satellite Television Again?!"

Hammer

Don't you mean more DishHD? Is any of it gonna be HD? And if there really is so much room, where is full-rez & decent bitrate? Still on the back burner til after some crazy future like 2010?

Ps: Check the spelling of your new signature "Don't if feel good to be excited about Satellite Television Again?!"

Hammer

Scott's stated they are working to provide the best PQ possible. If it means waiting six mo's, thats fine. Scott has not steered us wrong with E* rumors.

Scott's stated they are working to provide the best PQ possible. If it means waiting six mo's, thats fine. Scott has not steered us wrong with E* rumors.

I'm not as happy-happy joy-joy as everone else in this thread. The fact is, more channels are coming and they keep taking down full-rez channels each month to get there. There is no end in sight to this trend. Once taken, no channels have ever come back from HD-Lite Hell.

Hammer

I'm not as happy-happy joy-joy as everone else in this thread. The fact is, more channels are coming and they keep taking down full-rez channels each month to get there. There is no end in sight to this trend. Once taken, no channels have ever come back from HD-Lite Hell.

Hammer

And many thought we'd never see this many channels added. I agree, the current PQ over the last few weeks has REALLY dropped off, but I have faith they have a plan, and I feel before long we will see full PQ. Comcast is not compressing like D* or E*. If satellite wants to compete, they will have to fix it, and soon or people will jump ship.

Hammer

Wow... another guy that doesn't like the DishHD-Lite junk. Hammer, welcome to the big boys as Scott calls us. And no, he didn't mean that term positively, So... be vewwy vewwy careful.

Last edited:
Why isn't this thread in the HD Discussion forum where it should be??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hammer

Oh.. and also check the grammer.. it should read "Doesn't it....." unless of course you did that on purpose....

Yeah Dish will get it right once more MPEG4 in place so the PQ will be better soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)