screen position

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tokebuddude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
How am I supposed to line up the screen properly? I've looked in my tv manual and don't see where I can do it from there.Toshiba 51H83.. I know that the Voom box has a bug that doesn't allow for u to do it on it as well.. Any thoughts?

you could go into your TV's "service menu" this is not the standard user menu, but if you dont know what that is you are probably better off not messing with it since you could mess up your TV :)

Tokebuddude said:
How am I supposed to line up the screen properly? I've looked in my tv manual and don't see where I can do it from there.Toshiba 51H83.. I know that the Voom box has a bug that doesn't allow for u to do it on it as well.. Any thoughts?
try this site to see if you can get in your service menu I had to adjust for D* and V* as well. IN most cases you will need to do more than just move the picture. You will probably have to stretch it vertically and horizontally. discoveryhd logo and the worldsport logos are good for this, one is bottom right and one is top left.
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/toshiba/servicemenu/accesstoservicemenu/access_servicemenu.html

rkr0923 said:
like me..you're screwed
go over to AVS forum and start a hardware thread asking for the keys to your service menu. I am sure someone knows how to get into it.

Thanks

Thanks Guys..I appreciate the quick response..I'm tryin to watch the Cubs and Whitesox and it was buggin me :D

Tokebuddude said:

What exactly makes you think that your screen is not lined up?

Offcentered

Part of the D on DIscovery HD is cut off and the scoreboard on worldsports and ESPN are near the center of the screen

I can get to the service menu on my TV but I see nothing about screen movement.
I've posted what I see on my screen on every forum I can find, not one reply. On a "Good" STB one would be able to do this. That's Voom for you.

On many tv's the screen position settings in the service menu is set by hpos and vpos. see if your set has those in the service menu.

Interesting. I've noticed that a lot of the SD channels coming in over the satellite are off center. Has this been covered before? Is this the same problem that the original post was about? Is it possibly something that might be addressed in a future software version?

I switched to Voom from Comcast, and never had any problems with the picture being centered from Comcast, so I'm not inclined to tinker with my tv. I did try to use the Voom service menu, but it does not come close to adjusting the position enough...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts