Sending the ASC1 into retirement?AJAK

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Magic Static, maybe you could share scope captures of your current switch project so we can see the current cycle rates and noise levels? Maybe comparison with a G/V box in operation? Maybe other members might have observations on something that we have missed.
The current switch looks like this on the VBox X
VBOXx 005.JPG VBOXx 008.JPG VBOXx 015.JPG VBOXx 019.JPG VBOXx 022.JPG

VBOXx 030.JPG

My theory on this is: The difference here is the voltage to the motor supplied by the two controllers. The higher voltage from the ASC1 changes the load on the motor and the timing of the commutator changes. This increases the strength of the RF spikes produced by the collapsing armature coils. The ASC1 appears to enhance the noise issue here, but is not the cause.

You are probably right. It was face down in the dirt and I measured roughly across the back. I was sure it was more than 8'. It is a Model # AP2028

Yeh, probably an 8'-6er. I get excited whenever I see mention of one bigger than that, they were listed in the old BV literature (@9'-6) but must be pretty scarce.

Damn shame the one you found was bent, even at just 8'-6 the BV solids and perfs perform close to or better than some 10 footers.

My theory on this is: The difference here is the voltage to the motor supplied by the two controllers. The higher voltage from the ASC1 changes the load on the motor and the timing of the commutator changes. This increases the strength of the RF spikes produced by the collapsing armature coils. The ASC1 appears to enhance the noise issue here, but is not the cause.

That should be easy to check if you have a 4 ohm 36 watt resistor (or a rheostat) you can put in line to drop the voltage to 24 volts.

I love that you have setup the ASC-1 with its own accent lighting. :)

I say try a low pass filter next.

Hello

the entrance should be queried at least 2 times in a given time. If the pulse is too short it is not counted. So, we have solved the problem at controls of machines.

I'm still testing another solution with a reed relay.

Ponny

Attachments

• Impulswandler optischund Reed auf Reed.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 198
  • aufbau.jpg
    aufbau.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Sensorplatte.jpg
    Sensorplatte.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 213
Hallo

in der Anlage die komplette Datei in den Nachbau der Schaltung. Schaltplan und Vorstand wurden mit dem Programm "Eagle" erstellt.

Ponny

Attachments

• Impulswandler2.brd.pdf
    4.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Impulswandler optischund Reed auf Reed.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 181
Wow that's an expensive store! 298 euro for an ASC1 shipped? Must cost a fortune to ship over there. The reed relay looks good :)

I haven't seen this optical adapter before, but it looks interesting!

Ponny is an owner of SatShop24 and has some very interesting projects and videos on YouTube. He hosts an annual satellite weekend that draws hundreds of hobbyists.

I haven't seen this optical adapter before, but it looks interesting!

Ponny is an owner of SatShop24 and has some very interesting projects and videos on YouTube. He hosts an annual satellite weekend that draws hundreds of hobbyists.
I was just wondering,Brian Thanks

Not sure what comment you wanted to hear, but I think it is very awesome that an optical sensor convertor was created specifically for the ASC1! Double credit for the same device addressing excessive noise on a reed switch circuit! :)

Maybe this simple circuit may be the answer for your AJAK with any type sensor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Identifying 4-segment fiberglass dish

New Mini-BUD C-Band Install (It Can Be Done!)*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)