Sirius in central Alaska

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
Does anyone know if anyone has had any luck getting a signal in the interior of Alaska? coordinates 62°N 155°W, I am assuming not but if there is a chance I will take my unit with me - other wise my mom is going to get a year of free service.

Does anyone know if anyone has had any luck getting a signal in the interior of Alaska? coordinates 62°N 155°W, I am assuming not but if there is a chance I will take my unit with me - other wise my mom is going to get a year of free service.

Actually I've heard that Sirius works better than XM in the north due to the type of orbit of the Sirius satellites. I noticed all the guys on Ice Road Truckers had Sirius and not XM.

Do some searching at Siriusbackstage.com for Alaska

I did look there but couldent find much mostly in the very southestern edge of Alaska close to Canada and I am going to be pretty far away from that. I am figuring that there is little chance...but figured I would ask.

I did look there but couldent find much mostly in the very southestern edge of Alaska close to Canada and I am going to be pretty far away from that. I am figuring that there is little chance...but figured I would ask.

I'd still bring it and find out if it works.

I took both sirius units out of my wife's car and my truck a couple of years ago. In Anchorage the reception is very spotty, not consistent enough to listen while you drive. Maybe something has changed but I don't think they have installed their local repeating towers yet.

Unfortunately that’s what I have been hearing and I am going to be about 200+ miles north west of Anchorage, I have decided to let someone in my family have the unit it is prepaid for the year so they can enjoy it...LOL. I will miss the Sirius up there but what are you going to do...if I get around to putting up a large C-band dish I may get some music off of there, although I think I will be spending far less time in the house anyway...lots of hiking and fishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)