Sirius s50 and power supply in car

Q

qtluvsjc

Jun 23, 2006
I have the S50 unit and when I go over big bumps/rr tracks in my car, there is a bad connection of the power supply to my car and the unit looses power for a second, therefore looses its signal and kind of freezes. I usually have to take it out of the dock and plug it back in for it to work again. this happens at least twice a day.

What do I need to directly wire it into my cars power supply? I heard warnings not to do it directly because of the 5volt supply it needs. what are my options? Thanks

Sirius_Rich

Sirius_Rich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2004
Houston
It is probably losing connection with the unit and the dock. This has been a reported problem over at SiriusBackstage. I have read where people put a small piece of tape or something to tighten the connection of the s50 and the dock. Band-Aid solution, but reportedly works well. I think someone said a piece of velco to the dock and nothing on the s50 itself was the best way to try this.

K

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
i am not sure what the connections look like on the s50, but i had a problem with my sportster and the antenna coming loose. i took a rubber band and stretched it around the docking station and took a sharpie and colored it blacked. it fixed the problem.