Sirius s50 and power supply in car

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

qtluvsjc

Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
I have the S50 unit and when I go over big bumps/rr tracks in my car, there is a bad connection of the power supply to my car and the unit looses power for a second, therefore looses its signal and kind of freezes. I usually have to take it out of the dock and plug it back in for it to work again. this happens at least twice a day.

What do I need to directly wire it into my cars power supply? I heard warnings not to do it directly because of the 5volt supply it needs. what are my options? Thanks

It is probably losing connection with the unit and the dock. This has been a reported problem over at SiriusBackstage. I have read where people put a small piece of tape or something to tighten the connection of the s50 and the dock. Band-Aid solution, but reportedly works well. I think someone said a piece of velco to the dock and nothing on the s50 itself was the best way to try this.

i am not sure what the connections look like on the s50, but i had a problem with my sportster and the antenna coming loose. i took a rubber band and stretched it around the docking station and took a sharpie and colored it blacked. it fixed the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)