SIRIUS User Since Day 1 - CANCELLED!

chicagonettech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
We just closed our SIRIUS XM account - permanently.

When Sirius satellite radio started we were one of their first subscribers. We had the opportunity to purchase a $450.00 LIFETIME subscription, but the other half was skeptical about how much we would use it and whether they would even survive.

Today, they hit our credit card for $323.44 - two years at $280.52, and a MUSIC AND ROYALTY FEE of $42.92. - FOR ONE RECEIVER - THE CAR!

NEVER AGAIN SIRIUS - NO MORE!

The account is now closed. The subscription and royalty fee refunded and we will do without SIRIUS.

We only listened to 40s on 4 - and only when we were in the car.

This whole subscription broadcasting business model of screw the customer so the technology service and content providers can line their pockets with cash is for the birds!

In case any one at SIRIUS actually cares, our account number was: 924156134. For the record, the CSR, who was desperately trying to save the account was PISSED and started to raise his voice when I would not buy into either his explanations or his offers to go with shorter billing periods. I made it very clear that the issue was not with him, but with the EXORBITANT COSTS and the new "royalty fee."

So GOODBYE SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO. It was nice knowing you, but we're GONE!

We just closed our SIRIUS XM account - permanently.

When Sirius satellite radio started we were one of their first subscribers. We had the opportunity to purchase a $450.00 LIFETIME subscription, but the other half was skeptical about how much we would use it and whether they would even survive.

Today, they hit our credit card for $323.44 - two years at $280.52, and a MUSIC AND ROYALTY FEE of $42.92. - FOR ONE RECEIVER - THE CAR!

NEVER AGAIN SIRIUS - NO MORE!

The account is now closed. The subscription and royalty fee refunded and we will do without SIRIUS.

We only listened to 40s on 4 - and only when we were in the car.

This whole subscription broadcasting business model of screw the customer so the technology service and content providers can line their pockets with cash is for the birds!

In case any one at SIRIUS actually cares, our account number was: 924156134. For the record, the CSR, who was desperately trying to save the account was PISSED and started to raise his voice when I would not buy into either his explanations or his offers to go with shorter billing periods. I made it very clear that the issue was not with him, but with the EXORBITANT COSTS and the new "royalty fee."

So GOODBYE SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO. It was nice knowing you, but we're GONE!

This should be in the Sirius XM forum not the XstreamHD.

I have been an XM sub for many many years. Ever since Sirius took over XM's service and quality quickly went down hill.

Most of the rock stations on XM were replaced by the much worst and more limited library Sirius stations. Even before the merger, the Sirius rock stations had a smaller library than the XM library. Now they both have an even smaller library

Signal reception has gotten much worse. I seldom to never lost a signal, even while driving through a forest or in a small tunnel. My dad, who was with Sirius for years, always had worse signal reception. XM always had several ground repeaters. Since the merger, they cut down on the number of ground repeaters.

On-line access with XM was ALWAYS free with an XM subscription, while Sirius on-line access had a small fee with the Sirius subscription. Once the merger happened, SiriusXM then required XM subs who were getting on-line access for fee, to pay an additional $3 to keep their on-line access. Some of us were able to keep getting the service for free with a life time subscription. Unfortunately, the on-line access is tied to the receiver, not the subscription. Once you change receivers you then lose the free on-line access.

In short, Sirius made XM worse by reducing the music library, cutting back on ground repeaters (worse reception), and requiring XM subs to pay extra for on-line access.

Why do I have XM? Mainly because of baseball

I had Sirius for 5 years and cancelled last year because of that royalty fee and not really listening much. They were like "Ok" and cancelled it

but on my old unit that I swapped out 2 years into it still works :p

I had Sirius for 5 years and cancelled last year because of that royalty fee and not really listening much. They were like "Ok" and cancelled it

but on my old unit that I swapped out 2 years into it still works :p
The unit I just replaced still get service the few times I am able to get it to work.

I have to take the battery out of it when it is not being used because it makes a constant annoying beeping noise. (It is a portable unit)

My iPod touch streams Internet radio. Much better. XM has gone downhill since Sirius ruined it.
I have the several ways to stream radio on my iPhone as well, including XM. What good does it do in your car when you are traveling? The iPod cannot get 3G and my iPhone does not get 3G everywhere to stream over the internet. The one and only reliable source is my XM radio.

I have the several ways to stream radio on my iPhone as well, including XM. What good does it do in your car when you are traveling? The iPod cannot get 3G and my iPhone does not get 3G everywhere to stream over the internet. The one and only reliable source is my XM radio.

Well I don't have a car or a drivers license. I can stream internet radio almost everywhere around my house. I also have it hooked up to a dock.

XM you can get anywhere but the service is just plain terrible now. It is very repeative and the sound quality is just plain terrible. On my iPod I listen to streams that range from 64 kbps HE-AAC to 128 kbps AAC and they sound much better. XM radio sound quality sounds worse than a cassette tape. This is because of all the useless play by play sports channels that were added. Sports and talk bore me I just care about music.

Attachments

• Picture 145.jpg
    Picture 145.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 494
I've been an XM radio subscriber since buying an XM radio in Florida while on vacation back in2003, and am looking at cancelling after current annual subscription runs out.

XM had a pretty decent playlist, but after Sirius took over, those play lists got smaller and smaller.

XM Talk 165 is and The "Eddie Trunk Live show on the Boneyard channel really are the only things really keeping me as a subscriber. Coast to Coast during the overnight hours on XM is fun to listen to. The Boneyard channel seems to have enough of a variety too. The decades channels are just the same songs over and over.

I agree. I listened to the '70s channel the other day. Most of the songs were at least 30+ years old. When I listened two days later, they were still playing the same old 30+ year old songs.

Jeez. :p
Isnt that why it's the 70's channel?:p
Seriously, not everyone got their sat radio for the music, lets be honest, theres just too many free music sources on the net.
I got into it for the sh*t that you couldnt get free, nascar,most of the talk stations and the like. But you are correct about royalty fees, completely stupid. Thank the record labels for that, they got caught with their pants down with the napster fiasco years back,(metallica can kiss my white ass) not to mention ripping off the artists themselves.

jonesy99 said:
Isnt that why it's the 70's channel?:p
Seriously, not everyone got their sat radio for the music, lets be honest, theres just too many free music sources on the net.
I got into it for the sh*t that you couldnt get free, nascar,most of the talk stations and the like. But you are correct about royalty fees, completely stupid. Thank the record labels for that, they got caught with their pants down with the napster fiasco years back,(metallica can kiss my white ass) not to mention ripping off the artists themselves.

FIRE BAD!!!!!! NAPSTER BAD!!!

Well I don't have a car or a drivers license. I can stream internet radio almost everywhere around my house. I also have it hooked up to a dock.

XM you can get anywhere but the service is just plain terrible now. It is very repeative and the sound quality is just plain terrible. On my iPod I listen to streams that range from 64 kbps HE-AAC to 128 kbps AAC and they sound much better. XM radio sound quality sounds worse than a cassette tape. This is because of all the useless play by play sports channels that were added. Sports and talk bore me I just care about music.

What ?

The music sound quality has went down because the ADDED Sports channels ?

Many of us HAVE XM BECAUSE of the ability to get Sports stations

I haven't paid for XM in over two years, but I still get XM. If I am not paying for it I can't complain about poor customer service or bad reception. I know that doing this is wrong, but I would rather listen to XM instead of fm. And if the day comes when I have to pay for XM, I'll have to do it because fm sucks!!!

DodgerKing said:

I have been streaming all day on edge. Works fine. Not pristine sounding, but neither is XM/Sirius, and it's free.

I stream Sirius XM on my Evo 10-12 hours a day in my work truck. No problems to speak of. With the iPhone, when the signal got weak or you are on Edge you get the low bitrate stream. Haven't had that problem with the Evo yet. Now my route for work is pretty much set in stone, but in my own personal car I didn't have Sirius XM (Never reinstalled it when I bought my new car, and I swear I probably have the only Lincoln SUV on the planet with no satellite radio built in) until recently. The speaker on the phone is loud enough that I could set the phone in the cup holder the right way and have it echo just right and have it sound pretty damn loud and good. Pretty ghetto, yes I know. Also no dropouts or loss in quality to speak of when I was out and about. I’ve since reinstalled my old Roady XT.

It's nice having O&A back in my ride and all the uncut rock I can jam out to. While the merger pretty much destroyed satellite radio, it's a hell of a lot better then local radio, so I'll still keep it. My Sony home theater receiver has XM built in so I've been listening at home. And even though programming is virtually identical now, I can't find it in myself to cancel my Sirius subscription.

sirius/xm has way too many channels for the bandwidth they have. it would be nice to ditch the stupid political channels, marth stuart crap, and all the other Non-music channels period. Isn't music the point of having a radio? take that bandwidth and make the music sound like a cd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)