Site issues

Can you give me a better description fo what its doing so that I can provideo it to Xenforo? Maybe I explained it wrong to them. :D
Ok, on SOME threads, when I click on "Like" it doesn't bring up the "hover list" and allow me to choose my reaction. Instead, it jumps to a second page, and only allows me to choose "Like", and then asks "if I want to apply it".

Also, on SOME threads, I'm not allowed to type in the bottom "POST REPLY" box as regular, in fact, the box doesn't have the normal "shaded" look like it normally would. It's more like it's a 'picture' of the reply box, instead of a "programmable area" (for lack of better terms).

HOWEVER, if I do a "quote" or "reply" to a post in that thread, it'll then allow me to type in an answer in that formally "dead" box. In fact, I can even DELETE the quoted text, and then type in something completely fresh and it works as normal.

It appears to be random as to which threads do this.

Attachments

• satguys1.jpg
    satguys1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 42
  • satguys2.png
    satguys2.png
    101 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok, on SOME threads, when I click on "Like" it doesn't bring up the "hover list" and allow me to choose my reaction. Instead, it jumps to a second page, and only allows me to choose "Like", and then asks "if I want to apply it".

Also, on SOME threads, I'm not allowed to type in the bottom "POST REPLY" box as regular, in fact, the box doesn't have the normal "shaded" look like it normally would. It's more like it's a 'picture' of the reply box, instead of a "programmable area" (for lack of better terms).

HOWEVER, if I do a "quote" or "reply" to a post in that thread, it'll then allow me to type in an answer in that formally "dead" box. In fact, I can even DELETE the quoted text, and then type in something completely fresh and it works as normal.

It appears to be random as to which threads do this.
ditto

This thread is affected: https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/i-love-this-time-of-year.63445/page-2032#post-4745648

This thread is fine: Advice needed on buying my own Joeys

ALL threads in top or sub-forums of this are affected: Pub Members Bar and Grill

Classifieds forum, all threads are fine and work.

Orby forum is fine. Directv forum is fine.

FTA forum is affected and doesn't work right.

Sirius/XM forum works fine.

So, it all seems to be forum specific, not just thread specific.

EDIT: Ok, maybe I'm wrong. In the Pub Members forum, any thread of at least 50 57 pages or less works FINE. The next thread up at 75 pages and above, does NOT WORK RIGHT!

Last edited:
I don't click on the response; I hover over it instead and the options from "like" to "mad" show up above the mouse pointer. Are you actually clicking? That should just give your response as "Like".

Reactions: charlesrshell
Here’s one thing that I was seeing on my iPad before and now it’s also working like it should: when I mark a Forum as Read (my only solution to ignoring The Pit), for the past few days it took me to a different page instead of returning me to the Forum index like before, and now.

With all the variables of Meta back ends, Google Ads, Twitter/Instagram/Xenforo/ThemeHouse plug-ins and code bases, it’s amazing this site works as well as it usually does.