Skyvision distant networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brahmabull

Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
NY
How can Skyvision and NPS offer distant networks when Dish and Direct can not? I just don't want to subscribe and then have those taken away from me.

Directv can do distants if you qualify.
Dish cannot. Dish lost a lawsuit 3+ years ago because they were giving distants to folks who didnt qualify legally. Dish now subleases 2 TP's to All American Direct (which is part of NPS) to offer distants to folks who qualify

Skyvision & NPS offer therm if you qualify

So why does Skyvision or NPS NOT have to have waivers from our local network channels to give us these channels?

they have to qualify you. I dont know the rules on what qualifies someone. The "old" (analog) rules were if you couldnt get a grade B signal you qualified.

Our cabin which is in Northern MN qualified for all nets but CBS. CBS has a powerful station there. The rest were low powered translator stations that barely came in

Ah ok, so you DO still have to be qualified. Damn, I just can't catch a break here lol. I guess I will get a new HD fta receiver and go for abc on 77w while it's still there. Thanks for your help man!

When I subbed from NPS, they didn't say a word.
Just pay the money and watch
Maybe they figured I couldn't get a B signal since I live by Seattle and the station is out of Colorado

If I want any networks I can sub through NPS. Im grandfathered in from back in the old analog days before any rules . If you had them at one time before the rules you automatically qualify, I did. I have quite a history with NPS since I go back to 1991 or so with them. Does work in my favor sometimes.

Why would you pay money for something you could get for free?

Maybe they figured if I was calling to subscribe I couldn't get it for free.
Even in the Dish Network days the "qualifying" thing was kind of a joke.
I've never heard of anyone being told no.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts