Spaceway 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
loudo said:
i guess i have a dumb question: Is there anything else happening with spaceway 1, now that SW2 is getting the new locals put on it?? is SW1 full?

No, the new birds were designed to operate as a "system" in unison. Along with the the other 2 new DirecTV birds to fly mid spring / summer '07.

SPACEWAY-2 is part of DirecTV’s constellation of direct broadcast satellites. The satellite was launched via an Arianespace Ariane 5 ECA rocket from Kourou, French Guiana on 16 November 2005. Its operational position is in geosynchronous orbit 22,300 miles (35,800 km) above the equator at 99.2 degrees west longitude. SPACEWAY-2 is a Boeing 702-model satellite with a 12-year life expectancy. It is expected to support high definition television to DirecTV customers with its Ka-band communications payload. Although SPACEWAY-2 was originally build by Boeing to be used for broadband Internet access via HughesNet, it has been retrofitted to deliver HD local channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, & FOX) to numerous markets nationwide.

On April 19th, 2006 the satellite was delivered to DirecTV's control after successful on-orbit testing. SPACEWAY-2 immediately started broadcasting HD locals to DirecTV customers in eight more markets: Minneapolis, Minnesota; Sacramento and San Diego, California; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Nashville, Tennessee; Kansas City, Missouri.; Columbus, Ohio; and Birmingham, Al

I found the above info while doing a search for Spaceway 2, especially the part about delivered on April 19th. Do not know what happened to my original post that I was going to add this as a part.

question?

does anyone know which Spaceway Milwaukee local HD will be on when Milwaukee foes live in May? Currently I am getting a much stronger signal from 103 slot (approx 70), then from the 99 slot (approx 30).

Spaceway 2 99* network 11
Transponder 23 is at 31%
Transponder 31 is at 41%
This is in Arizona

Last edited:
For the first time, here in SNE, I see a few transponders with signal strength in the 90s on the sat 99 satellite. Good news for hartford and providence.

Questioner said:
For the first time, here in SNE, I see a few transponders with signal strength in the 90s on the sat 99 satellite. Good news for hartford and providence.

Very cool!!!

Questioner said:

Yep. I am getting 100% on 2 transponders on 99. They werent there a week or so ago.

signal's of Spaceway 99* Network 11 went from
Transponder 23 is at 31% to Transponder 23 is at 0%, it might be N/A
Transponder 31 is at 41% to Transponder 31 is at 0%, it might be N/A
this problems means No Hd for Arizona untill june or july
local install did not follow directions on aligning the 5 lnb dish correctly
i had to realign the dish myself without the inline signal meter

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts