SRL Says Alternate Procedure Not Working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did absolutely nothing to my 920. No procedures, not anything. It works exactly like it did a six months ago. I still have all of the same satellites showing up that I had before. The only subscription I have (and have had ) for some time is the W-5 pick 10. I never moved to G-1 to get the guide because I never used it.

I'm just going to keep it the way it is unless someone can tell me that I need to do something now.

I just got through to Skyvision (on the 1st try) and they confirmed that the the ALTERNATE PROCEDURE is indeed having problems. Since I do not have any subscripitions he advised me to wait until they iron out the bugs. He also told me that since I followed the procedure and have X4 stored I can get authorization anytime I want. So, I am ready to go, just need to decide when.

Here is a set of Alternate instructions that I've used successfully.

Step 1 - Get X4 satellite mapped and programmed in - That you've hopefully done by now.
Step 2 - Tune to X4 216 and make sure that the DCII light is lit on the front of your receiver.
Step 3 - Do an Auth reset Option 67780
Step 4 - Go to the SRL Websams page. Use the option to Activate Service, then send a rehit.

Those steps worked for me. I am taking hits from EMM provider 4160, and I still have all satellite tiles and channels mapped in. And a nice bonus is that the Electronic Program Guide is working fantastic too!

For those who are wanting to wait until others have tried the procedure, I can understand you being cautious. I just wanted to report that I have successfully done the transition to the HITS service and have maintained all satellite tiles. I did the procedure a couple of hours ago, and all is still working fine.

This is my first post, and I think this may be a stupid question. However . . . I have a 922 and tried the options 67781 but found no mention of EMM provider. Have I done something wrong, or simply don;t know what to look for? So far, I'm still getting all programming, so no big deal yet. I'll just wait until the bugs are ironed out. But I would like to know how to checkk the EMM provider thing. Thanks.

Davage, I don't see this step: Step 3 - Do an Auth reset Option 67780

I get a screen that says:

1. Maunally Tune Freq
2. Audio Visual Test Pattern
3. Modem Test
4. Audio Test
5. Local VTS
6. Loop Filter
7. Reset Factory Default (I ain't touchin' that one)

I have a 922 and tried the options 67781 but found no mention of EMM provider. Have I done something wrong, or simply don;t know what to look for?

Arkie, it's there, about the 3rd or 4th line down. It will say EMM and have a number in a box, probably 4096.

Davage, I don't see this step: Step 3 - Do an Auth reset Option 67780

I get a screen that says:

1. Maunally Tune Freq
2. Audio Visual Test Pattern
3. Modem Test
4. Audio Test
5. Local VTS
6. Loop Filter
7. Reset Factory Default (I ain't touchin' that one)

Arkie, it's there, about the 3rd or 4th line down. It will say EMM and have a number in a box, probably 4096.

Option 67780 is a 'silent' or 'hidden' option. It doesn't show up on the screen. As soon as you do Option 67780, you will lose audio/video (if you have a sub). If you don't have a subscription, then you may not notice that it has done anything. You can confirm that Option 67780 has worked by using Option 67781 and check out the EMM provider to see if it is 0.

Thanks Davage. I do not have a subscription.......yet. I will check 67781. Is it safe to leave the C band connected?

I never pulled the plug on mine.. I've had my dish tuned to W5/X4 for the past couple of months. I have maintained a subscription the whole time though.

At this point in time, the 4096 EMM stream is GONE. It is likely pretty safe to leave the coax connected and to surf the sky. (Just don't do those 7 darn steps that SRL keeps telling people to do :) )

[SIZE=+1]This is the Updated beta instructions for 922's from my site : 4DTV Online By TvroPro... The Official 4DTV Info Site

1. Move your satellite dish to X4 satellite on 4DTV receiver. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ENSURE YOUR X4 IS RECEIVING A GREEN DC 2 LIGHT ON X4 FIRST. CHECK TO SEE IF THE dmx CHANNELS ARE WORKING.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]

2. Tune the satellite receiver is on channel 216 (STYLE) and has video, or "Subscription required" message with a DCII signal lock. DO NOT MOVE THE DISH AFTER THIS STEP!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]
3. Do an authorization reset (options 6, 7, 7, 8, 0 this is a hidden diagnostic screen that the consumer will NOT see on their TV screen). This will remove the satellite receiver from the 4DTV SAC stream.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]
4. Call to get a rehit or send rehit via WebSAMS. After you reset the EMM You must highlight your package on websams and do a activate package first, before you do the hits.
[/SIZE]

The EMM provider will change to 4160 and the network trickle guide will start to operate when you take hits. You can check EMM by Options 67781 on the 922.

[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

I just did the AR on X4, after the EMM went to 0, powered off with remote for 5 minutes, turned it back on, my subs are there. I also lost the NFL network . I am using a 922, I did not get a guide though.

Thanks to all

I too wanted to thank the people who have been taking the time to test these things for us.

I'm still waiting to see what to do.

I wanted to see what would happen to the bulk of the customers who's only exposure as to what to do would be the 7 step procedure sent both through snail mail and on the websites (somehow I got 2 letters) I hope it works out and they don't all end up with bricks. Though it may make some resellers secretly happy, these are rough economic times for some folks with several children that may not even be able to afford even a 200.00 receiver right now. On top of that 9,000,000 people are unexpectedly going to have several months delay getting their tax refunds thanks to congress :rolleyes:

I just wanted to say thinks to TvroPro for his input and website information center. Not to leave off all you great people I sit back and read your posts/replys and it helps me so much. I got my DSR922 going just by reading from you guys successes and failures of trying to get it right. Again I say Thanks!

Ok I should be good to go...my 905 is showing emm provider 4160,2
I sent srl an email for websams registration
With my name, address, phone, unit id.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get everything turned on.

I did the alternate steps by on my 922 but my EMM still remains at 0 Im still unable to get the EMM 4160. I even left the 4D on X4-216 overnight when I check options 6-7-7-8-1 EMM still remains at 0, I did the highlight and activate from Websam after the EMM reset but it still doesn't change. Any sugesstions ??

boy what a read. . .

i moved my dish over to the W5 sat and im gettin good signal and quality with DC light on, it been about a yr since the 4D was sub to anything. . .

when i read the post i see some guys usin the W5 and most sayin to use the X4.

what is the difference?

I am curious to hear from some that did the "brick" procedure to find out if it really did brick it because just from reading through I would think the mover ability would still be there with the factory tiles (which may have incorrect names).

If doing a auth reset does not clear out our good tiles, why would it clear out the factory tiles after a master reset?

I think the factory tiles are there you have to just program them into positions. Unless when you download X4 last step with 7 step it wipes out all other birds. IMHO the factory tiles are useless if you want to do any DC2 sky scanning since after channel 24 there are no digital. Boy 4play would sure work good now since the only maps are on X4/W5. You could write your own maps and go anywhere without Motorola writing over them. The more I think about this whole conversion thing it makes me happy and sad. Happy we do get sub channels but sad it seems to put a crimp on the hobbyist end. We really need to get inside the DC2's brain and open up some options as a hobby receiver.

I think anyone reading this thread should also read this one before doing the workaround conversion process.
I posted there in more detail what happens on the 922 receivers.
It can mean some FTA channels will no longer be able to be pulled in any longer and there is a drawback for any FP/ZK signals on other satellites
once you leave the W5/X4 satellite.

"I sent srl an email for websams registration
With my name, address, phone, unit id."

Good luck with that! I did the same thing, four times now, and they can't seem to get names, addresses and unit numbers straight. When they do respond, it's just the same old email with a new password to the same corrupt account. I'm about ready to toss in the towel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)