Staff Members ONLY getting referral $$$

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok here is the deal, people posting that they have referrals is equal to folks posting spam. Those posts are equal to advertisements.

DirecTV is not a sponsor here nor were the folks who were posting to contact them for referrals. So ads for the DirecTV referral program (or Dish Network referral program) are considered spam.

Instead of banning referrals altogether we have decided to make referrals available only to staff members who again don't get paid but spend a lot time, blood, sweat and tears to keep SatelliteGuys running 24/7. This way these unpaid volunteers get recognized for their work and members get to save $50 on top of DirecTV's best deal.

Some folks have PMed my very upset that they cant post DirecTV referrals, to those I say sorry I am not giving you license to spam the site because you think you should be able to make money off of SatelliteGuys just because you have referrals to give out.

Ultimately I guess if users want to post that they have referrals and do it without spamming then they should contact me to become a sponsor. Sponsorships start at only $600 a month.

I hope that answers your questions on this matter.

Like others have said we don't get paid here. We do this because it's a passion about satellite tv and also for me sports. I am officially I guess the sports mod, but I look into the Directv forums because I have Directv and want to help out as much as possible.

This way these unpaid volunteers get recognized for their work...
Seems to me that the users of the site help other users a lot though....

I agree that a thread that requests referrals isn't feasible as noted because people subscribe to the thread and jump in every time someone asks. Then again, and I don't know how D* works, E* only allows (5) Club Dish referrals per year. Does DirecTV do something similar ? I'd have to think they do. It will be ironic if D* has a limit because the staff members will max out pretty quick.....

People starting new threads asking for them is even worse though.

No the DirecTV is currently for unlimited referrals. (Which actually doen't help matters)

Before I set the rule in place last week we had almost 40 postings of people advertising referrals.

Again some people might not like that we have made it staff only for referrals, to them I say too bad and go spam somewhere else.

I am going to close this now. Further questioning this policy by starting other threads will be removed. Lets move on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)